Prochem Peak GTX air-cooled engine?

_Abraham_

Feb 2, 2021
Real Name
Abraham Cardona
Hello,

I'm new in the game and recently bought a Prochem peak gtx with a heat exchanger leak. Decided to work on it myself and fix the issue, but the engine is air cooled and missing the helicoil heat exchanger. Only the exhaust heat exchanger is there. I'm wondering if it will produce as much heat only with the exhaust heat exchanger.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
First thing, if it is suppose to have a helicoil HX it's a liquid cooled engine.
And no it will not get quite as hot without the helicoil HX but it will depending on the ambient temperature should get close to 180 or so and depending on the flow at your wand be able to maintain.

Reactions: _Abraham_

_Abraham_

Feb 2, 2021
Real Name
Abraham Cardona
First thing, if it is suppose to have a helicoil HX it's a liquid cooled engine.
And no it will not get quite as hot without the helicoil HX but it will depending on the ambient temperature should get close to 180 or so and depending on the flow at your wand be able to maintain.
Thanks for replying! Yes it's supposed to be liquid cooled except this one got replaced with an air cooled engine, and now its missing the helicoil HX. I want to fix the exhaust heater exchange but now know I won't get as much hot water as I've hoped for. I'm gonna try and contact a local heat exchange shop to see if they can help. I'll post some pics of what I'm working with later on.