Prochem Peak GTX 1500 hours | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem Peak GTX 1500 hours

CreativeCleaner

Oct 20, 2011
Real Name
Craig Corbett
Business Location
United States
I am having a very expensive coolant leak problem that has caused 3 head gaskets to blow in 6 months. I have replaced thermostats with original parts, checked heat exchangers (no leaks), burping the HX seems to help some but when machine cools down the coolant overflow box drains from full to minimum fill line. It does have a very very small coolant leak (small droplets on the frame, not enough to cause unexplained coolant loss from coolant box, replacing all coolant hoses this week) I can’t afford to keep replacing heads. Anyone have a clue?

CreativeCleaner

Oct 20, 2011
Real Name
Craig Corbett
Business Location
United States
cracked or warped heads. Check the block. Is it leaking from hx or hoses?
No leak from hx or hoses. Seems to be continuously getting filled with air and blocking the flow of coolant to the engine? Causing hotspots on the block, ultimately blowing gaskets.

CreativeCleaner

Oct 20, 2011
Real Name
Craig Corbett
Business Location
United States
Is it possible to swap out the kholer motor for a Kubota? How intricate is the process? I know the Apex has the Kubota in it and specs for the frame are almost identical.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Two things
Have a leak down test done on the engine. Make sure that you they wait and listen to the radiator for any air bubbles.
Have The helicoil HX bypassed on the high pressure or solution side. after it's been bypassed run the unit as normal. If you get coolant out of the solution side of the HX you have a cracked hx.
If the engine coolant level stabilizes you have a heating problem.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I just got the new Apex 570 and I love the sound of that Kubota engine!

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
When you say hot spots I immediately think the water pump and/or the thermostat may be bad. Hot spots, especially overheating at the rear of the block means the water pump and/or thermostat is bad. The radiator cap should also be tested because this may be the reason other parts are failing and contributing to the leaky gaskets.
A stuck open thermostat causes hot spots rather than a stuck closed thermostat. Or no thermostat at all for that matter.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Also, if the head bolts are tork to yield you need to be using new head bolts that have not stretched when putting the head back on. Just in case you didn't already know that. But you might already know that if you putting the head back on yourself.