prochem mixes feedback:

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 21, 2010
Real Name
Andrew Marson
Business Location
United States
hi guys, just trying to economise my chemicals I use, and wonder if there's any 'cross-over' ones that are basically doing the same thing. I like to keep things simple where possible, and obviously some situations require different mixes, here's what I generally use on a variety of soiling:

for light/normal soiling on wool:
prespray gold followed by liquid woolsafe

normal/heavier soiling on wool:
multi pro followed by fibre & fabric rinse

synthetic light/medium soiling:
multi pro followed by extraction pro

Synthetic heavy soiling
ultrapac renovate followed by fibre & fabric rinse (maybe a good go of extraction pro in between if its super bad)

I tend to use 'multi pro' a lot and find it works fairly well, however its very expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative in the prochem range that is inbetween the power of prespray gold and ultrapac renovate?

I like to use prochem because of the ease of acquisition locally for me, so would like to stick to their line of products ideally.

Thanks Andy

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sounds like you are doing well. I use dilution ratios as a guideline, most times I use much less than the bottle says to. On lightly soiled or heavily scrubbed carpet that has been presprayed (like with an Oreck or 175) try using only water to rinse, you might be surprised at how well it does with no rinse formula. If you are boosting your prespray with peroxide and/or an extra solvent booster you can usually cut back on the prespray dilution ratio to. Hard water will tie up chemicals fast, soft water doesn't. Locally, I have pretty soft water.

Today I cleaned with 3 oz. (1½ scoops) of Bridgepoint White Lightning as a rinse added directly to the 55 gallon freshwater tank and it was plenty! The bottle says 1½ - 3 CUPS (that's 8-24 oz or 4-12 scoops). If it were metered in at ~3 gph I know that I would use ~100 gallons of water total. I'm still 5 oz less than the bottle "minimum" says with all things being equal. That would be a total waste to use more and leave waaaay to much unnecessary residue for "my" local water. What I am getting at is if you think you're using too much chemical cost-wise, try some side-by-side comparisons and see if you can even tell a difference with reduced chemical ratios. You might be surprised!

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
Soft Water allows you to use less rinse. Powdered rinses are a better value and work great with soft water. Label dilutions are meant as guidelines not gospel. More powerful truckmounts also allow you to use less chemical than if you use a portable. Extraction rinses with end dilution as a guide is from 1 to 320 for liquids and 1 to 640 for powders. Ready to use gallon costs at these dilution range from 5 (powder) to 10 (liquid) cents per each RTU gallon. However, you can see that adjustments do not save enough to be noticed, but a little more can enhance cleaning performance. At these dilutions, most industry rinses will not create re-soiling issues.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Sounds like you are doing well. I use dilution ratios as a guideline, most times I use much less than the bottle says to. On lightly soiled or heavily scrubbed carpet that has been presprayed (like with an Oreck or 175) try using only water to rinse, you might be surprised at how well it does with no rinse formula. If you are boosting your prespray with peroxide and/or an extra solvent booster you can usually cut back on the prespray dilution ratio to. Hard water will tie up chemicals fast, soft water doesn't. Locally, I have pretty soft water.

Today I cleaned with 3 oz. (1½ scoops) of Bridgepoint White Lightning as a rinse added directly to the 55 gallon freshwater tank and it was plenty! The bottle says 1½ - 3 CUPS (that's 8-24 oz or 4-12 scoops). If it were metered in at ~3 gph I know that I would use ~100 gallons of water total. I'm still 5 oz less than the bottle "minimum" says with all things being equal. That would be a total waste to use more and leave waaaay to much unnecessary residue for "my" local water. What I am getting at is if you think you're using too much chemical cost-wise, try some side-by-side comparisons and see if you can even tell a difference with reduced chemical ratios. You might be surprised!
You can recommend me some extra solvent boosters?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My favorite is this, I add just 1 oz to the hedpack and 1 oz in the prespray, especially for olefin or polys. We have done side by side tests and it definitely works.

http://www.proschoice.com/phone/energy.html

You can also use regular rubbing alcohol in your prespray, but you have to use at least 4-6 oz to see a difference. Not as good as energy though.

Talk to your local dry cleaner about dry peroxide or sodium perborate. You can probably get it through them very affordablely. Here's a link of a similar professional laundry oxygen booster.

https://worldwidejanitor.com/athlet...-p-308?zenid=135a0ab1399580a463330ad918094f12

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
My favorite is this, I add just 1 oz to the hedpack and 1 oz in the prespray, especially for olefin or polys. We have done side by side tests and it definitely works.

You can also use regular rubbing alcohol in your prespray, but you have to use at least 4-6 oz to see a difference. Not as good as energy though.

Talk to your local dry cleaner about dry peroxide or sodium perborate. You can probably get it through them very affordablely. Here's a link of a similar professional laundry oxygen booster.

https://worldwidejanitor.com/athlet...-p-308?zenid=135a0ab1399580a463330ad918094f12
Unfortunately there are not Pro's choice products in Europe. I found Sodium Percarbonate. Can you tell me how much sodium percarbonate per gallon?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sodium percarbonate is more environmentally friendly and works the same. You don't need much at all, 1 oz per gallon is a good starting point. Don't keep bottles capped after mixing. Experiment on scraps and dial in your formula, don't practice on the job. Good luck!

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Sodium percarbonate is more environmentally friendly and works the same. You don't need much at all, 1 oz per gallon is a good starting point. Don't keep bottles capped after mixing. Experiment on scraps and dial in your formula, don't practice on the job. Good luck!
Thanks dear Jim

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Dear Jim,
about add Sodium Percarbonate to prespray, you referred to synthetic carpets and wool oriental rugs?

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Save the oxygen booster for your synthetics. I don't use it for wool, especially at first. With delicates I start simple first, usually it's best.
If starting with the normal prespray the wool oriental rug will be not cleaned well, then can I try adding sodium percarbonate to prespray for another washing?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Oxy on wool is for controlled stain removal that needs to be soured afterwards. Definitely not an everyday pedestrian thing.

Dear Jim
my washing method is:

Dust the carpet
Wet the rug with water mixed with acetic acid for fix colors
Wet the rug with water mixed with a prespray cleaner
Agitate wool with Prochem TM4
Rinse with water and acid rinse by handtool of portable machine
Drying in a dehumidified room

After the washing, Sometimes the rug is not very bright, especially in the light colored part. Can I add sodium percarbonate to the prespray cleaner to lighten the light parts of the carpets more?

Sorry for my bad english

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
There are many very knowledgeable folks in the industry that tell you NOT use peroxide on wool and some say it's ok if not concentrated and rinsed well. I wouldn't use it unless the customer demands it. I think it would weaken the hair, especially if used repeatedly.

Apr 29, 2017
Real Name
Sergio Faccenda
Dear Jim, today i washed 3 wool oriental rugs with Prochem Prespray Gold and Sodium Percarbonate in warm/hot water. The mix was: 10 Lt of water, 300ml of Prespray Gold, 65 Gr Sodium Percarb. Waht do you think abot this mix?
The rugs had a very good look but I do not know how much it depended on hot water, Prespray Gold and Sodium Percarbonate

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm not familiar with the prespray you have but it seems you are on track with conversions... 1¼ gal of water and 1 oz of sodium percarbonate. Testing the back of the rug overnight is best when using boosters on natural fibers. Apply, rinse and dry on the back first. Not all dyes are the same even with identical pattern rugs with the same country of origin. Just don't get to cavalier, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, test the process overnight on the back of the rug first. Good luck!!!

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

Jim, do you still use this as a booster? Why not sodium perborate(spelling?)?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I still use energy for a booster for oily soils mainly for poly/olefin's. I also use dry oxygen bleach all the time, D-LIMONENE, ammonia and occasionally TSP (wicked old school booster), if needed... all depends on the job. I recently simplified my hydroforce to this, using a red tip I mix up just enough with no leftovers. Gatorade bottles screw right on and there really is no need to dilute prespray twice. It's been so much nicer to use, carry, store, I'll never go back to the 5 qt jug.
48065.jpeg

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I still use energy for a booster for oily soils mainly for poly/olefin's. I also use dry oxygen bleach all the time, D-LIMONENE, ammonia and occasionally TSP (wicked old school booster), if needed... all depends on the job. I recently simplified my hydroforce to this, using a red tip I mix up just enough with no leftovers. Gatorade bottles screw right on and there really is no need to dilute prespray twice. It's been so much nicer to use, carry, store, I'll never go back to the 5 qt jug. View attachment 77025
OMG MAKE THOSE IN BULK. I WILL BUY THEM.