Prochem Legend XL - repair costs | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem Legend XL - repair costs

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I'm still in negotiations on a Legend XL (2007 model with around 2500 hours, as shown by service records - hour meter was deemed inaccurate)

My thanks to the members of this forum for helping me to value various units. This forum is amazing.

Was wondering what various parts and services would cost on a Legend XL? Also, since Prochem got bought out, how much longer can one expect to get reasonably priced parts for the unit?

Thanks again for the help :)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Have pics? How does it run? What’s the asking price? Why are they selling? Why did the hour meter fail?

In my opinion parts should seek for awhile as rare parts bring high prices in my opinion and experience. But no one knows for sure with a buy out. It’s cloudy at best.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Many parts on big-brand machines are either interchangeable or generic enough to be found outside of the industry. Others are proprietary and specific to that machine. It's almost impossible to say how much parts would cost, or repairs, since so far we know almost nothing about which parts may be bad or getting ready to wear out.

The most expensive parts of any slide-in TM are going to be the engine, the blower, the heat exchangers (if present), and the pump. Of these, heat exchangers are the most proprietary and are going to get more and more expensive as time goes on.

Prochem typically tries to keep parts in for any given model for AT LEAST seven years after the date the model has been retired. And if certain parts are used across various models both current and discontinued, those parts should not be a problem to replace.

A mechanic will charge an hourly rate, normally, plus the cost of whatever parts may need replacing. Rates vary from shop to shop, but be wary of going with the "cheapest". Try to find a mechanic who knows these machines, has worked on them, and is willing to be up front and honest about the condition of the unit. He may not tell you what you want to hear, and he may be more expensive, but there's less of a chance you'll get a "repaired" unit that breaks down again the day after it leaves the shop.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
Bought the Legend XL including wands, hoses, hydroforce presprayer and some other supplies. It was bit more than I wanted to spend but the machine checked out at the shop on major parts. Compression was 147 and 145 on each cylinder. I am sending the Koehler out for a new oil seal and wiring harness to enhance reliability. There was something to being able to use and get familiar with a local machine. I'm coming in under my budget, and grabbed a hydroforce sx-15 and hard surface crevice wand for substantial discount as well. The one thing I wonder - and I might be crazy to be thinking this way - should I put a mytee inline heater on near the wand to keep that temperature a little higher, and at least more consistent. Seems like it's a small price to work a little faster and have just that little bit more heat.

My plan is to run this setup - including a well maintained 09 Express 2500 for 3-5 years and then when my clientele is built up I'll have the money coming in to put some of those retained earnings on down payment for a much newer setup. The way depreciation works in Canada it's not too hard to come out ahead if I can run for 4 years on this used setup that is well kept, and will continue to be well kept.

I'm going to use a tiered system of green/allergy and sensitivity friendly chemicals. Thinking Procyon for the most sensitive customers (those that express concerns), Bridgepoint Green Balance as mid tier, and then for the rat nastys I can add boosters such as grout master or Boost-All. I'll probably use boost-all on most light carpets just for that extra pop. What's still being worked out - and will be tested in my own rat nasty house (complete with cat puke which I've only wiped up) for videos is spotters. E-steam has a green line spotter in town and I can get a tester of that to try on my carpets and a few close friends before going fully into operation.

Anyway it's getting late here and I'm thinking out load by way of typing into this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen
Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
Have pics? How does it run? What’s the asking price? Why are they selling? Why did the hour meter fail?

In my opinion parts should seek for awhile as rare parts bring high prices in my opinion and experience. But no one knows for sure with a buy out. It’s cloudy at best.
Payed 7,000 Canadian dollars for truckmount and equipment. Included heated storage for a few weeks until I could get it to the shop.