Prochem Legend XL - biggest, baddest, engine possible | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem Legend XL - biggest, baddest, engine possible

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
I'm considering trading in my Koehler v-twin engine that came with my used Prochem Legend XL. What's the biggest baddest engine I could install (within reason, for best reliability)? My engine needs oil seals, wiring harness and some other parts. Compression did test great on both sides. Shop quoted me 1000 and change (CDN dollars) to fix. Debating just trading it. What would YOU do?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'd upgrade to a better machine. It's a lot of modifications to change motors with existing machines.

Jan 20, 2020
Real Name
Benji Zimmerman
Truth!

Got a quote on a new engine (just a straight across replacement) and it made my face burn lol $3K CDN

Not happening. Going to fix up the Koehler I have for just a little under 1K as I found a used wiring harness that checks out. When I bought the Legend I knew there would be some initial reconditioning needed to bring it up to snuff. Everything else is good. We are still within budget and set for Grand Opening second week of March.

Just going to the shop now to negotiate a cash buy of chems and see how cheap I can score that floor model CRB.