Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You will have to pull the air filter assembly, flywheel cover, shroud and tin around the heads. It's a standard screw driver, a 5/16 and 10 mm most of the way.
Jim can I bring the engine to you and we rebuild it together in a video?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim can I bring the engine to you and we rebuild it together in a video?

I can come there, your 5 1/2 hours driving through the night and I could possibly be coaxed into going to Waterman's. I've only been there in winter, bringing in my own fresh caught striper for them to cook for us on the spot.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I can come there, your 5 1/2 hours driving through the night and I could possibly be coaxed into going to Waterman's. I've only been there in winter, bringing in my own fresh caught striper for them to cook for us on the spot.

Lets do this. Would have been nice if manufacturers stepped up and made such a video imo. But we know where motives lie imo, profits.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Lets do this. Would have been nice if manufacturers stepped up and made such a video imo. But we know where motives lie imo, profits.
Let's look at our calendars, I'll be in Hayward Wisconsin next weekend and Oriental NC labor day old drum fishing. Other than that I'm good most weekends.

IowaHealthyHomes

Feb 13, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Brad Hesseltine
Business Location
United States
I thought I had a leak on my Legend GT with just 220 hours. Determined the oil filter had vibrated loose. I changed the oil and filter and now I haven’t been having issues yet. I know you said yours leaked like the Valdez, @RobAllen. Hoping mine last for many years. Thanks for being willing to help others with similar issues.

Reactions: rob allen

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Couple of thoughts. Yes it could be from back pressure if the exhaust is used to heat via the HX, but if the HX is clogged that is the operators responsibly to clean or don't back wash the waste tank water through the blower and HX. It happened to everyone. Also overlubing the blower over time can cause a residue to cause buildup on the HX. Causing heating problems and back pressure issues.
The Part that you are talking about leaking is called a PCV positive crankcase valve. It is a pain to change, but you shouldn't have to dismantle the engine to get to it.
Oils Depending on your location ,in NC I use full synthetic oil 10W30 in the winter and 10W40 in the summer.
As for leaks clean and wash your unit with degreaser. Buy some oil UV dye at the auto parts store. add 1/4 of it to the first Quart of oil shake it up. Change the oil and filter using the oil with dye and whatever else you need to fill to proper level. Run the engine. Use your UV light to inspect your engine. My dye is yellow under the UV light. If you see it track it to the leak then fix it.
Or As I tell customers I don't clean carpet, because I don't get paid to clean carpet. I get paid to fix the machine that you use to clean carpet. Take it to a tech mechanic and get it done.

Reactions: wandwizard