Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
The chem pump is not feeding chemical. It keeps filling with air. I have two valves coming off the truck mount; one for my solution line and another for mixing chems and rinsing stuff. When I prime the chem pump it pulls the air out and I can turn the valve that is for mixing on, and the chem flows through. But as soon as I go inside and start using the wand, it fills with air again, and I'm not getting an chem to the wand.

Also, might be unrelated but the three way valve that controls the "on, off, prime" isn't working totally. It's either on or prime, I can't shut it off. Well, technically now I can, considering it keeps filling with air, but for a few days before this started happening the off position did not turn it off.

And finally, hello to everyone. It's been quite some time since I've posted anything.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Hey Matt. Sounds like the valve could be culprit. It needs to be lubricated from time to time or else the seals inside can crack and leak. You can remove the packing nut in front and see if seals are bad. If not lubricate the seals and try again. Hope this helps.

Sent from my XT912 using TMF Forums mobile app

Hawkins

Oct 15, 2011
Washington
Real Name
Matt Hawkins
Business Location
United States
Good to here it Matt. Hope that is all you have to put up with for now. By the way I wanted to mention, if you haven't descaled your machine in a while (like over a year) probably a good time to do it. It to will help in keeping your seals internally from becoming corroded from the inside.

Reactions: Matt Strader

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
So how's life been treating you bro? If a chemical feed problem is the only headache you've had, it seems life's been good to you.

My life has been a whirl wind the last few years. Got married and divorced, had an employee embezzling money, had two different partnerships go bad, one of which was with two close friends to which we are no longer. The list goes on. That was just the last 12 months. And to be honest, I'm happier than I've ever been.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
My life has been a whirl wind the last few years. Got married and divorced, had an employee embezzling money, had two different partnerships go bad, one of which was with two close friends to which we are no longer. The list goes on. That was just the last 12 months. And to be honest, I'm happier than I've ever been.

I was starting to feel really bad I asked you that question, until i read that last sentence. I'm really glad that you're happy, but I'm sorry that you had to make a few Jerry Springer episodes in the process. Keep in touch bro.

but with your failed partnerships that you had, you ought to start a thread on why a partnership might fail, and how you feel that it could've been prevented if someone ever started one with your experience. That would save several of our mistakes that we might make. But I understand if you want to keep it private, so just ignore this last paragraph if you want to

Reactions: Matt Strader

Matt Strader

Feb 7, 2009
Jupiter, Fl
www.561carpetandtile.com
Real Name
Matthew Strader
Business Location
United States
********solution********
So I replaced the the three way on/off valve, the flow control meter, and the diaphragm in the pump. None of that worked. It ended up being the meter itself. Must have had a crack somewhere and was sucking air.