Prochem Everest

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Guys I have A chance to get this unit 100 hours on it so it’s like brand new all spinners that you can imagine or included all tools for a shower and around toilet bowls are also included carpet wand Hey guys looking at $23,000 Canadian what are your thoughts about this unit
cf37876830b7e3f89dd529be81da8593.jpg

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
outside of the unit looks clean but why so much rust in the exhaust?
Good catch, possible blown heat exchanger. Could also be from a malfunctioning waste tank float which is allowing water to flow through the blower.

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Be very careful just did the same thing but with el Diablo. Less than 150 hours electric hose reals fresh water tank everything but got it for 8500 . And been working the bugs out ever since put extra $2000 In it included install . So at 23000 grand it’s a very big risk . Have repair cushion and do the math if there’s really savings at that price with no warranty.

Reactions: barefoot and Luky

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
dah, you have to realize that all you have to do is unplug one of the wires on the hour meter and it will be at 100 hours forever. NEVER trust an hour meter

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Guys I have A chance to get this unit 100 hours on it so it’s like brand new all spinners that you can imagine or included all tools for a shower and around toilet bowls are also included carpet wand Hey guys looking at $23,000 Canadian what are your thoughts about this unit
cf37876830b7e3f89dd529be81da8593.jpg
It's understandable that you are exited about unit. I have worked for 5 years with the beast and it's indestructible. Although I have never seen that much rust in exhaust port, could be still a good buy for half of the asking price. If rest of the equipment checks out, make counter offer at much lower price. I would take first cover off, checked for leaks, oil trace, rust, belts should look brand new at 100 hours.If you have to smell oil dipstick, do it. Further investigate if unit was properly winterized.
Also check hot water box, see if float arm is rusted or for that matter the whole tank( 15 gal) has reddish, copper look like residue on the inside walls. If you've been around for a while, you should be able to spot a lemon.
Good time huntin' ....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
those quick connects dont look like 100 hours??????
how long has he owned the unit????
why is he selling it?????

you can get a new everest for 28-30k????????
with years of warranty.....

just looking at the unit most of us highly doubt it has 100 hours...

most guys put in around 500 hours a year minimum on their TM......
thats only about 10 hours a week.....
if he has had it 2 years thats 1000 hours.....minimum

if you know a mechanic who can check it out...do that
then offer half 10-12k maximum.....

personally i would walk on it....unless you can have a mechanic inspect it.....
dont like someone schaming me....
same as a used car running the miles backward......

Reactions: Luky

Justin Legend Brands

Expert Truckmount Mechanic
May 7, 2018
Real Name
Justin Johnston
dah, you have to realize that all you have to do is unplug one of the wires on the hour meter and it will be at 100 hours forever. NEVER trust an hour meter
This is SO true. You can also call your local distributor and ask if they have the software to hook to the motor. If they do, they can hook up to the unit, and it will tell you how many hours are on the computer.

Reactions: barefoot

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
OK guys here’s the story of this unit I seen the guys shop the guy actually specializes in food market floors and all Kennedy entire floors so large surfaces he’s got like over 100 contracts now the deal Liz he bought this like two years ago and did not use the machine more than what you see on the hours the guy who installed the machine is not working at the Main shop anymore But it still does job on the side so he knows this machine personally he knows the guy and he knows that this guy is actually when he buys something he buys all the best so it will be the same mechanic that will be installing it into my truck so for a total of 22,000 I get the Everest 650 with To waste tanks of 100 gallon each all the floor goodies that you can imagine for tile and grout or carpet cleaner I will take a picture and send it to you guys later everything is new he also has all the guns for pressure washing and small circular tools to go in shower and toilet bowl this guy even bought a professional heater I forget the name I seen the bill for $3500 for during the winter time in order to keep the back of the truck at 5° and it’s also in the deal I know when the deal sounds too good it’s called be aware but this mechanic that of the machine out so happens to be one of my buddies so I don’t think That he would screw me around on this deal oh yeah by the way we have all 600 feet of vacuum hose and also 600 feet of high-pressure hose including their wheels nothing electric on fortunately

Reactions: Luky

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
And also let’s not forget this guy is actually financing personally $15,000 the rest I give him is cash upfront So this deal is for like 1000 a month for 15 months I doubt that there is a problem with the unit if she’s willing to do that

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
bro this is what your telling us:

this guy spent 30,000$$ on a prochem everest 2 years ago.....
He is a big company with many employees.......
He has 100 contracts.......

and he has only used his everest 1 hour a week for 2 years with 100 contracts???????

either this guy is telling you the truth...and
that would make him the DUMBEST BUSINESS MAN IN AMERICA.....

or he is scaming you??????

either way if you pay cash your out........no backup plan
and like one of the guys here said he spent 10k on an everest like yours used.....

If he is taking payments....maybe ??????
I woudnt pay cash.....

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
And also let’s not forget this guy is actually financing personally $15,000 the rest I give him is cash upfront So this deal is for like 1000 a month for 15 months I doubt that there is a problem with the unit if she’s willing to do that
bro
when I buy a car first I look at the placemats to see if they are original.......

just looking at your quick connects....they dont look like they are original//
quick connects last up to 500 hours.....????

here is a pic of the prochem everest...
https://www.sun-beltusa.com/everest-truck-mount.html
if you notice they are all silver and they all match...
i am sure that is the way that everest came...2 years ago
your quick connects are 1 silver and 3 brass...and the 3 brass dont match
looking at this ...i can garuntee it isnt 100 hours......

with his business you are guessing at the hours....
could be 1000-5000 hours......easy
at 3000 hours pumps and engine could go out and other repairs.......

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
bro this is what your telling us:

this guy spent 30,000$$ on a prochem everest 2 years ago.....
He is a big company with many employees.......
He has 100 contracts.......

and he has only used his everest 1 hour a week for 2 years with 100 contracts???????

either this guy is telling you the truth...and
that would make him the DUMBEST BUSINESS MAN IN AMERICA.....

or he is scaming you??????

either way if you pay cash your out........no backup plan
and like one of the guys here said he spent 10k on an everest like yours used.....

If he is taking payments....maybe ??????
I woudnt pay cash.....

Yes but let’s face it his specialty or is 100 contracts or floor polishing and floor stripping I’m wondering how can I tell from the model if it’s really a two-year-old model only sometimes I noticed that the face of the machine will change

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Looks like a reasonable deal since you know the mechanic. You can probably save money on the taxes too. Start up the tm and run to operating temps with water running the thru the wand. Check to blower pump and hx. for leaks. Check e blower exhaust for water leak. If it checks out buy and make $$ Offer a little less Ck serial number

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Best to have a 5 ace TM Mechinc look it over for 1 hr pay before making him a offer on it .
That rust would concern me .
The QD's is not a real deal breaker . I had 3 go bad before 200 hrs and 1 in 1 hr from the factory .parkers seem to go bad . my next ones will be Hansen.
Offer him 18k to start and go from there .

Jun 23, 2009
MISSOURI
Real Name
larry mcreynolds
Business Location
United States
I have the same unit with 2k hours looks the same except my blower exhaust is cleaner. I wouldn’t sell mine for that price and the quick disconnects isn’t a good way to tell. That machine has got hot or overflowed thru the waste tank several times. The stainless connector is for high pressure. That’s the same way mine came. One good thing at least it doesn’t have e-idle cause it’s a joke on mine.

Mr. Esteamy

Jul 9, 2011
California
www.esteamcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Brian Kraut
Business Location
United States
These deals do pop up every once in a while. I should know I have 2 Everest 650s and for both of them for under 22k. I have been running them non stop for years. Both machines are now around 5,500 hours. I've had to put some work in them but they have ran strong. Best machines in the industry in my opinion

Reactions: smart n kleen