Prochem blazer xl

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
Hi all I'm new wonder if anyone who can help on prochem blazer xl I seem to have less suction than before I have replaced waste tank gasket relief valve is working fine too also cleaned hx still getting less suction the blower has been oil changed on a regular basis and greased when needed wd40 has been used on every job I have covered the vacuum port on the machine and the reading is on 14 and can see the spring moving on the relief valve any ideas on what to check would be appreciated

Reactions: lehighcounty

lehighcounty

Nov 11, 2010
PA
Real Name
Donna Basciano
Business Location
United States
I have the same machine and also having that same issue! Going into 2 years this month.

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
Have you managed to figure out what's the problem I have tried almost everything still no joy

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
No sir I have flushed all my waste tank out with pressure hose and all inlets hoses I'm just really struggling to figure it out

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Check the engine RPMs. I just work on a blazer gt having same issues and the rpm was off by 800rpm causing heating and vac issues.

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
Hi sir thanks for the reply how do i check the rpm if its correct or how do i increase it if it's not on right rmp

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
Hi all after spending hundreds of pounds finally took it to a lawnmower to see if the rpm was low and yes it was 800 rpm low has been cranked back up going to put it to the test tomrrow will keep you posted thank you sooooooo much guys

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
bro

is that a coupler or a belt drive?????

should have rpm for blower at 3600 to get full power from blower
It's belt driven does the engine needs to be on 3600 on full rev with any pipes attached to the machine or not attached

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
send a pic...
belt pullies should be the same size if run at 3600rpm....
you can eye ball or measure with tape measure.....

if they are not the same size then......
pulley on engine will be larger than pulley on blower!!!

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
either way you will need a tini tach hooked up to your spark plug wire......20$

easy to hook up ...zip tie it to front of TM and wind it around 1 spark plug wire no ground wire needed......
it should fit inside the tach slot of your TM

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Hi all after spending hundreds of pounds finally took it to a lawnmower to see if the rpm was low and yes it was 800 rpm low has been cranked back up going to put it to the test tomrrow will keep you posted thank you sooooooo much guys
You should be able to see a difference in vacuum and heat of the solution

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
send a pic...
belt pullies should be the same size if run at 3600rpm....
you can eye ball or measure with tape measure.....

if they are not the same size then......
pulley on engine will be larger than pulley on blower!!!
All pullies are the same on my machine the rpm has been cranked up my question is that do i need to put it on full load/rev to get the rpm at 3600 or should it be on idle

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Bro you need an rpm gage... or tini tach

If pullies are the same......then you run ur engine at 3600 to get 3600 on your blower

But a 16hp or even 18hp will not fully power a 36 blower to full capacity....

I run 22hp on my 36 blowers

36 blower full power is 300 cfm......

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
There's a brass plate on the unit that has the RPMs on it set it to that rpm with no load. Just looked it up engine RPMs should be set at 3200 no load.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Don't worry about the plate. I just checked the service manual. The RPMs are 3200 with no load.

Ansar

Mar 11, 2019
Real Name
Ansar
Don't worry about the plate. I just checked the service manual. The RPMs are 3200 with no load.
Thank you so much jdarnold so basically i i have to have machine on idle and make adjustment to 3200 I have learnt so much from you guys wish I had people like yourselfs in uk not even prochem told me to check rpm all they said is you need this and that so which I didn't even needed thanks one again much appreciated

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Have the RPMs adjusted so that when you pull the throttle up the maximum rpm is 3200 you don't need to adjust the idle.