Prochem Blazer Xl not starting.

Sam1979

Mar 24, 2016
Real Name
Sami Gabrail
Hi all,

My prochem machine have around 1000hrs on, have used it yesterday with no problems.

Today at my first job tried to start the machine but it is turning but not running, when having my hand on the ignition switch on run I can hear the petrol pump and see the petrol going through the little fuel filter at the side of the machine.

Could this problem be related to the float switch in the tank ? I did try and spray wd 40 on it and lift it gently up and down and then try and start the machine again with no luck.

Any help and suggestions to fix this problem?

Tank you all in advance, much appreciated.

Sam.

Sent from my SM-N910G using TMF Forums mobile app

Sam1979

Mar 24, 2016
Real Name
Sami Gabrail
Thanks mate.. I have changed the plugs , checked battery and slightly topped the oil level... Problem still there.

Does any one can advice me how to check the waste tank float switch and determine if it's faulty or not or is there a way to isolate it and start the machine to determine if that's the problem or not?

Much appreciated for all the help.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
You can try and disconnect the wires going to the kill lug on the engine. it is a small nut on the right hand side of the fan shroud with a couple wires connected to it. disconnect that and see if the engine will start. If it starts, then a safety is preventing it from running. I believe the Blazer has the waste tank safety, temp sensor on the main heat exchanger, and possibly a oil pressure sensor.

If the engine does not start then you need to check the compression on the cylinders. You could have a dead piston.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Thanks mate.. I have changed the plugs , checked battery and slightly topped the oil level... Problem still there.

Does any one can advice me how to check the waste tank float switch and determine if it's faulty or not or is there a way to isolate it and start the machine to determine if that's the problem or not?

Much appreciated for all the help.

If it is cranking and not firing it is not the float switch. If the float switch was stuck in the up position or malfunctioning it would be a dead key just like a dead battery. It would not crank. I'm sure you can see some fuel in the filter however you should not see it flowing through there just trying to start it. Disconnect the fuel line and have somebody turn the key for you and see if the fuel pumps. Also check any bypass switches. Also check starter wiring. Try tapping on the starter while cranking

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: aloha one

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
If it is cranking and not firing it is not the float switch. If the float switch was stuck in the up position or malfunctioning it would be a dead key just like a dead battery. It would not crank. I'm sure you can see some fuel in the filter however you should not see it flowing through there just trying to start it. Disconnect the fuel line and have somebody turn the key for you and see if the fuel pumps. Also check any bypass switches. Also check starter wiring. Try tapping on the starter while cranking

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Actually... On the Blazer the float switch is connected to the shut down relay, this closes the fuel solenoid and also grounds the coil spark to the kill lug. The engine will still crank, it just won't have spark to fire or fuel to burn.

Reactions: aloha one

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
So many possibilities. It sounds like you have fuel so I wiuld be looking to it most likely being an electrical issue. Like mentioned above check all your safety switches first. Could be a bad coil or even a bad wire somewhere that has rubbed raw in a spot grounding out the machine.

Start by making sure both spark plugs are actually getting power and firing.

Sam1979

Mar 24, 2016
Real Name
Sami Gabrail
I would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply to my.

I have checked the fuel pump and did discount the wiring float switch terminal and create an electrical circuit and the machine still didn't work.
Also tapped on the starter while cranking and still no luck.

Any other suggestions? It sucks because I hardly got any mechanical background or any good at mechanical things.
I am thinking if taking the machine to the local lawn mower repair guy as things gets very expensive very quickly when taking it to a carpet cleaning machine repair guy.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

I have checked the fuel pump and did discount the wiring float switch terminal and create an electrical circuit and the machine still didn't work.

Any other suggestions? It sucks because I hardly got any mechanical background or any good at mechanical things.
I am thinking if taking the machine to the local lawn mower repair guy as things gets very expensive very quickly when taking it to a carpet cleaning machine repair guy.

That is exactly what I would do unless the machine is still under warranty. I've been helped a number of times by small engine shops. They've saved me quite a bit of money, not to mention down time. If you disconnect that wires going to the kill lug and it still doesn't start I would bet it's an engine problem. If you know a good small engine mechanic I wouldn't hesitate to take it in. I've been helped numbers of times by some good small engine guys who just have a really good grasp of engines. I still take mine in to https://shop.truckmountforums.com if I can't get help locally and those guys are great too. Just hate making the trip!

Sam1979

Mar 24, 2016
Real Name
Sami Gabrail
Actually I have not disconnect the kill lug thank you for reminding me about the and to Seagrtj who mentioned it at #4.

I will try and locate it near the fan and do that before going further.

Yes the problem we have in Australia the truckmount repairs shop are outrageously expensive and there is one few of them around, for example the same waste tank float switch than is 180us I was going to be charged nearly $500au for!! What a joke.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Actually I have not disconnect the kill lug thank you for reminding me about the and to Seagrtj who mentioned it at #4.

I will try and locate it near the fan and do that before going further.

Yes the problem we have in Australia the truckmount repairs shop are outrageously expensive and there is one few of them around, for example the same waste tank float switch than is 180us I was going to be charged nearly $500au for!! What a joke.

As I understand it, and bear in mind I'm not a mechanic, disconnecting that kill lug essentially isolates the engine from the machine. So, if it's still is not starting, there is a very good chance it's an engine related issue. My Boxxer has a similar kill lug on it.

Sam1979

Mar 24, 2016
Real Name
Sami Gabrail
Guys which one of these is the kill lug that I would need to discount to determine if this problem is electrical or engine related
20170123_093122.jpg

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States

Leave it to the pros. Less frustration that way. Also it's tax deductible.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
The kill lug is on the right side of the engine. Small screw with a nut most of the time the wire has a small disconnect, but not always. The other wire should be to the oil pressure sensor.