Prochem blazer plus water pump belt removal | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem blazer plus water pump belt removal

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
I need to get the belt off to get the red engine cover off. Can I just manually turn the engine and pull off the belt? Or do I need to loosen something and if I do need to loosen something I assume unbolting the actual engine might be the best bet to allow the belt to come off??

Any words of wisdom appricated. Thanks.

Attachments

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
You can loosen the pump and slide it back. sometimes you can walk it off like a bicycle chain

Reactions: chicagoside

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
Thanks jdarnold. That will do lovely. Just finishing up breakfast so will try that ASAP.

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
That's it off. Slacked the pump as much as I could then as you said walked the belt off.

Means I could get access to the coils. Now have disconnected the kill wires. Time to build up what needs be and test it.

I suspect its either the kill wire is at fault or the coils themselves. But getting closer.

Attachments

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
What is your issue with the engine

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
Only got it. It briefly ran for about 5 minutes then cut out throwing the main breaker. It was suggested to me it might be the waste tank float switch but the engine is getting fuel but no spark. After watching a few lawnmower guys on YouTube I'm testing to see if its the kill wire to the coils or if its the coils causing it not to fire up.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
Only got it. It briefly ran for about 5 minutes then cut out throwing the main breaker. It was suggested to me it might be the waste tank float switch but the engine is getting fuel but no spark. After watching a few lawnmower guys on YouTube I'm testing to see if its the kill wire to the coils or if its the coils causing it not to fire up.
Do not compare to a lawn mower. Totally different set up. There's a waste tank switch that has to be plugged up, high temperature shutdown switch. Make sure that your waste tank switch clicks when you raise and lower it

Reactions: Conalnugent

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
Yup have taken that into concideration in my travels. The waste tank switch.... Its clicking as it should. I also tried starting it with it disconnected and connected and various combinations of wires on and off. Is there a way of testing it with a multimeter to see its working right??

The high temp shut down switch.... And idea where it would be located and how to test it?

Thanks.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
If you are facing the front of the unit. The back left corner of the unit. There are two sensors, mark them so that you can remember which wires go where. Take the wires off, make sure they are not touching anything and try to start the unit. If it starts up great. Now touch wires back to the sensor connection, if the engine cutters off the sensor is bad. One sensor is for the dump solenoid it will not kill the engine the other sensor is the high temp sensor is 265 degrees it will.
As for the waste tank switch. It has to be connected it is wired in what is called a normally closed circuit meaning the wires have to be connected if they are not the engine cuts off. If I remember correctly they are only using two wires white and green put a jumper between them and see if it starts

Reactions: Conalnugent