Prochem blazer 1000 psi rebuild help | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Prochem blazer 1000 psi rebuild help

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
Pump oil topped up. So next chore was to get the exhaust heat exchanger out. I don't have a blow torch or impact gun to do the bolts. There seized solid. So taking advise from a mechanic friend, I will plumb all back up and run engine to temperature to heat the seized bolts from the exhaust manifold onto the heat exchanger.

I turned the engine over just to keep it moving and freed up and it spat water out the exhaust so the exhaust heat exchanger is definitely leaking.

Question, what piping inside the exchanger? Copper? Stainless? If its copper can a hole be patched with brazing? Or is it look for new pipe? Thanks.

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
OK so wanted to start the engine to get the exhaust manifold bolts to the heat exchanger heated up. Engine still not firing. Turning fine, pumping fuel but no spark. Tried every combo of plugging un plugging wires from the float switch still no joy. Difference this time as to when it orginally stopped running is that this time it's not triggering one of the circuit breakers.

Any ideas?

Conalnugent

Feb 11, 2020
Real Name
Conal nugent
After some extensive time on YouTube I think I might have found a plausible fix. My battery is dead but will borrow the battery out of my van to test the theory out.

Joeytechman

May 18, 2020
Real Name
J Kenny
Keep the unit stock. I have professional advice if you would like. It looks like a clean old machine.
25 yr technician here. Ask away.
WWG1WGA