Prochem 405 will not start!

bermudezcc09

Jan 8, 2010
Dallas
Real Name
Angel Bermudez
Business Location
United States
Hi everyone, I have a question? I have a Prochem 405 that I'am having trouble starting when its warm. I can let it sit for a while then when I go back to it, it starts. Then I shuts down after a few min. The demand pump works, it has water and it turns. I think im having problem with the pressure, not really sure. I have put it on muffler and on heat exchanger but no luck. Please Help. Thanks

CleanBean

Dec 11, 2009
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Thomas Woods
Business Location
United States
The basics of trouble shooting is to duplicate the discrepancy. Find out all your auto shut down faults and then duplicate it noting rpm, temp, etc. Not familiar with the Prochem but what does it have a full tank cutoff...it could be the culprit.

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Had a similar problem yrs ago when I had my performer/ 2 suggestions I had a vapor lock in my gas tank and ended up loosening up the gas cap. 2nd one i had was a bad ignition switch. the prongs on the back were ever so slightly loose, became intermitant

Newman

Oct 20, 2008
St. Charles, Illinois
Real Name
Chris Newman
Do you own a volt meter? There are a few sensors that will cause a no start condition when warm when they fail. Do you have the manual? Ara nailed the first sensor I would check. As Thomas stated, have the meter ready to test componets when you have the no start condition. I will email a manual if you need one.

TonyMiller

Apr 21, 2009
Roseburg OR
Real Name
Tony Miller
Business Location
United States
You can unplug (temporarily) the high temp shut-off to test to see if the problem still exists, the plug in is back by the blower pulley, should be a male/female connection. If you have used the machine for high water pressure usage sometimes the bulb on the sensor gets pushed in, it should have a domed end, they did use two types of sensors though, one was brass, one was stainless. Also check engine coolant leve, there's a high temp. engine shut-off as well; wouldn't recommend unplugging that one though. I had a vapor-lock problem this summer with my 405 and solved it with ethenol treatment by "stabil" , todays fuel is pretty poor; hope this helps!

Jim Bennett

Mar 25, 2010
Real Name
Jim Bennett
Business Location
United States
check coolant level in the 405 radiator. i had the same prob..coolant was pretty low, when you fill it, make sure to bleed the helicoil HX for air. you can run it for a bit with the radiator cap off as well to try and get the air out. if the HX gets an air bubble, it will run hot and not start.

RDCCARPET

Aug 18, 2009
NJ
Real Name
russell calderone
Business Location
United States
i can tell you from experience start with checking waste tank float valve, coolant level, oil level, vapor lock is a big problem i have been having, low water pressure sensor ( just had this go bad on my machine). Do you have an electric or mechanical fuel pump? may need to swith to electric because of oxygenated gas and new fuel lines because of ethanol. Check the front of your radiator i have seen them get reall dirty over time and not alow good air flow and the sensor in the radiator sees the coolant is to hot. when i get vapor lock i spray some eather in the carb till i get her going. hope this helps

thecarpetmagicians

Dec 2, 2018
Real Name
John Floro
I had this same issue with a Bear Catalytic and bleeding the Heli-coil helped, but descaling cured it completely. Thanks for the advice!