Problems with Prochem Performer 405 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Problems with Prochem Performer 405

May 15, 2017
Real Name
Brandon Smith
Hey guys, I recently started my carpet cleaning business a few months ago, and have done probably 10 jobs so far, my chemical flow meter wasnt working during those 10 jobs, so i brought it up to jon-don to get repaired once i had enough money and it seemed to work ok there at the shop, but today i went to go clean an old coworkers house, and was almost done with the job when..................

My water tank overfilled, and the machine auto-shut off (Normal? right?)
as i walked out, it seemed like the machine was sputtering a little bit before i could turn the key to the off position (i thought that sound was odd) anyways...i dumped the water, and started the machine back up, and i noticed it was spraying water everywear out the left side.....a chrome fitting had came off, and a blue steel-braided hose was dangling there. (these appear to have come from a CAT pump in the rear...i know nothing about mechanical stuff, but i am guessing this is a water pump?) anyways...i noticed that when i turned my chemical meter to "prime" it would stop the leaking in the back..but if it was on the up position or on "chemical" it would leak.
so i believe the blue steelbraided hose is probably my chemical line that jon-don just installed? i dont really know to be honest...i've googled for hours and nothing has helped me understand how to fix it.
Like i said im on a startup budget, so i cant afford to to keep bringing it into them...

how do i learn everything i can possibly know about my Prochem Performer 405?
what parts do i need to keep spares of? how do i find those spares?
also, how would i be able to take the machine apart myself and ensure every little thing is perfectly tip top shape? im hoping the service manual isnt the only way....because i've looked through it and i cant understand what all those diagrams mean or how to interpret them. i've never been so confused in my life...
I really want to learn how to do this stuff on my own, im really passionate about carpet cleaning and id hate for my business to fail due to me not knowing these things..i just dont have even an elementary understanding of mechanics...no one has ever taught me. can someone lay out all the information on what i need to read up on? i dont even know what to type into google at this point.

Also id like to take apart the machine so i can clean every dirty part and sandblast rust then repaint the shielding. (if anyone has advice on that, id appreciate that aswell, because it seems quite rusted and grimy in alot of areas.)

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, I recently started my carpet cleaning business a few months ago, and have done probably 10 jobs so far, my chemical flow meter wasnt working during those 10 jobs, so i brought it up to jon-don to get repaired once i had enough money and it seemed to work ok there at the shop, but today i went to go clean an old coworkers house, and was almost done with the job when..................

My water tank overfilled, and the machine auto-shut off (Normal? right?)
as i walked out, it seemed like the machine was sputtering a little bit before i could turn the key to the off position (i thought that sound was odd) anyways...i dumped the water, and started the machine back up, and i noticed it was spraying water everywear out the left side.....a chrome fitting had came off, and a blue steel-braided hose was dangling there. (these appear to have come from a CAT pump in the rear...i know nothing about mechanical stuff, but i am guessing this is a water pump?) anyways...i noticed that when i turned my chemical meter to "prime" it would stop the leaking in the back..but if it was on the up position or on "chemical" it would leak.
so i believe the blue steelbraided hose is probably my chemical line that jon-don just installed? i dont really know to be honest...i've googled for hours and nothing has helped me understand how to fix it.
Like i said im on a startup budget, so i cant afford to to keep bringing it into them...

how do i learn everything i can possibly know about my Prochem Performer 405?
what parts do i need to keep spares of? how do i find those spares?
also, how would i be able to take the machine apart myself and ensure every little thing is perfectly tip top shape? im hoping the service manual isnt the only way....because i've looked through it and i cant understand what all those diagrams mean or how to interpret them. i've never been so confused in my life...
I really want to learn how to do this stuff on my own, im really passionate about carpet cleaning and id hate for my business to fail due to me not knowing these things..i just dont have even an elementary understanding of mechanics...no one has ever taught me. can someone lay out all the information on what i need to read up on? i dont even know what to type into google at this point.

Also id like to take apart the machine so i can clean every dirty part and sandblast rust then repaint the shielding. (if anyone has advice on that, id appreciate that aswell, because it seems quite rusted and grimy in alot of areas.)
Well man that's just the way it is. New machines are minimum $15k and up... if you're getting a used one it will need repairs and if you don't know how then you'll have to pay to have it fixed. If you really have no idea how mechanical stuff works then it will be a really uphill battle. But you can do it.

If you have specific problems take lots of pictures and post them here - somebody will chime in. 6 years ago I bought my van and truckmount used and it was very used... needed lots of repairs on a daily basis over the years. So, I feel your pain and understand your frustration.

Post some pictures of the whole unit and the specific problem and I or somebody will be able to help I'm sure. Congrats on your new machine.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good advice above. And #1 thing I would do is replace ALL the internal solution lines. Take them off one or more at a time and go to a hydraulic store and replace each one. Then descale the unit.

Reactions: Kyle8

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Write down some questions you may have, and things you would like explained. I will help you understand to the best of my ability over the phone. 773-398-8833

Reactions: rob allen

wuznmee

Jan 2, 2014
Real Name
Mike
You have more then one problem. The above advise is gold... post a picture, they're worth a thousand words. Next, go to interlink.com and download their version of the owners manual for your machine. It's a MUCH higher quality pdf file then you will find anywhere else. Study it, especially the parts breakdown drawings. IMO, you're in the way wrong machine for a novice although, that will change rapidly as... you're about to get multiple lessons on how to fix it. My best advise for you is to save, save, save every dime you can, and buy a 575 Titan. It will pay for itself quickly by not having to deal with repair bills and the lost revenue/ clients that accompany the "down time".

Reactions: jr