Problem with my chemical pump

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I have a Prochem Apex. I’ve noticed I have to prime the rinse every time I use it and open the simulator before it actually works.
Then I noticed when I wasn’t using the rinse it is back filling my chemical jug. Any ideas what’s gone bad ?

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
I have a Prochem Apex. I’ve noticed I have to prime the rinse every time I use it and open the simulator before it actually works.
Then I noticed when I wasn’t using the rinse it is back filling my chemical jug. Any ideas what’s gone bad ?
I don’t have a prochem but I used to have a hydramaster that did this when the diaphragm busted.

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
It also used to fill the chemical jug up after I replaced the mid plate gasket once but that was because I put the two lines in reverse.

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
I figure it’s probab the diaphragm since I’ve never changed it in 7 years. I just want to take it all apart if I don’t have too. But I guess it wouldn’t hurt to put a new 1 on.

B14

Aug 26, 2014
Real Name
None
I figure it’s probab the diaphragm since I’ve never changed it in 7 years. I just want to take it all apart if I don’t have too. But I guess it wouldn’t hurt to put a new 1 on.
I don’t think yours has one but in case it does you should replace the mid plate gasket while you’re in there and any check valves that are nearby. Don’t trust one day shipping from Interlink either haha

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
If it's been 7 years sounds like a complete rebuild is in order. I think the problem with it back filling the jug can also be caused by a bad check valve in the chem pump, probably the inlet one. If that doesn't close completely it will back fill your jug.

Mar 14, 2009
United States
Real Name
james niwinski
Business Location
United States
my chemical pump is stainless Guess I’ve been lucky. I changed the diaphragm and disk it seemed to solve the problem. But I did buy the check valuves and will change them. Wouldn’t hurt since it’s be 7 years. Thanks

Jan 17, 2017
Real Name
john mundy
My heater was accidentally unplugged last night....it went down to 7 degrees. My truck is insulated but I'm afraid that I have freeze damages due to my chemicals being slushy this morning. What are things to check and look for to see if there is definitely freeze damage? Happy New Years to me! Hopefully this isn't a few grand out of my pocket