Pro chem legend Air Pump | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pro chem legend Air Pump

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I replaced the air pump on my Legend about a year ago, and it made a huge improvement in my heat.
Somewhere I found out that the air pumps are standard automotive parts, and I was able to get one from Autozone for $240.
Today I got a PM from another member wanting to know the part number so he can get one for his machine.
I did a search and found threads where I discussed the procedure, but no clues as to the part number for Autozone.

Does anyone happen to know the part number/ description so we can help a brother out?

Thanks in advance
Ron

BTW, the difference in the heat in my machine was insane when I installed the new pump, and it's still crazy hot, a year later.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
FYI... Just so you know. The air pump, pumps fresh air back into the exhaust system so that when it hits the catalytic element in the exhaust heat exchanger it re-ignites the unspent fuel vapors to make more heat in the heat exchanger. when the air pump isn't working there isn't enough O2 in the exhaust to ignite again.

Now you know... And according to G.I. Joe.... Knowing, is half the battle!!!

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
Wonder if this is why my GT isn't getting very hot.. I already descaled and checked the check valves

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
Wonder if this is why my GT isn't getting very hot.. I already descaled and checked the check valves

Legend GT does not have an air pump. The air pumps were only on the unit that used the catalytic heat exchanger.

Clean the screen on the temp balance orifice right on the front panel

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
Legend GT does not have an air pump. The air pumps were only on the unit that used the catalytic heat exchanger.

Clean the screen on the temp balance orifice right on the front panel
I've cleaned that. No scaling at all. What would be your next guess?