Prius

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Swore I would never get one. Just bought one to replace my wifes 2001 Corolla. Its a 2007 Prius, 180,000 miles, only one owner, bought new from the dealer, all maintenance done on time. Listed for $9000, weekend fire sale for $5000, got them to knock $500 off because it wasn't clean (they detailed it before I picked it up and it was still covered in dog hair and stains that the guy admitted should be removable but they only have shop vacs for cleaning the cars).

I wasn't thrilled with it but I had to run out of town yesterday, 112 miles round trip, used just under 2 gallons of gas. Best milage on the Corolla still would have used twice that. I'm warming up to it.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
Swore I would never get one. Just bought one to replace my wifes 2001 Corolla. Its a 2007 Prius, 180,000 miles, only one owner, bought new from the dealer, all maintenance done on time. Listed for $9000, weekend fire sale for $5000, got them to knock $500 off because it wasn't clean (they detailed it before I picked it up and it was still covered in dog hair and stains that the guy admitted should be removable but they only have shop vacs for cleaning the cars).

I wasn't thrilled with it but I had to run out of town yesterday, 112 miles round trip, used just under 2 gallons of gas. Best milage on the Corolla still would have used twice that. I'm warming up to it.
I am in the warming up process with the one I just bought too. I drive it 200 miles every day. Seems to be a good car so far. Not as underpowered as I had expected it to be. I hope it goes well for you.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I am in the warming up process with the one I just bought too. I drive it 200 miles every day. Seems to be a good car so far. Not as underpowered as I had expected it to be. I hope it goes well for you.
Yeah, it definitely isn't a muscle car, 0 - 60 in 2 seconds, but it has more guts than I expected.

It'll also work nicely too for getting to some of these VLM jobs I'm scheduling. The equipment for those doesn't take up a ton of room nor is it all very heavy, everything will fit into the back of the prius. Save me a lot of gas and hassle loading up equipment into my big ol suburban.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That would make a decent VLM super efficient set up for all the tough access around here.
I drive a burban too, 13 mpg lol but I have 3 dogs and do a lot of hiking with them.

Ive always kinda liked the prius just not the type of people that drive them lol

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I have the Prius V, I can fit several 10 foot rugs in there or my porty with plenty of equipment.

Never mind 50mpg and bulletproof reliable. They just don’t break.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
A friend has a high end one with rims , coil overs , turbo , solar panel on roof OEM .
Came from a Tahoe .
He goes 400 miles for 8 gallons of gas plus 100 miles on electric if just does close runs . So about 500 miles for $25 twice a week is $50 for 1000 miles vs $220 a mo. in the chevy .
As a electric car its cool but still rides like a eco box , and his only complaint is the cabin noise is loud .
MPG is no joke . The prius will last 20 years without any headaches .

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I can see the sense of buying a used older one. They have gotten cheap. I have a loathing for them in principle. They scream "I'm saving the environment" when they really aren't. Buying a new one doesn't make financial sense unless you run it for over 250k miles. There are cars that cost thousands less that are superior in every single way (ride, room, appearance, performance, reliability, environmental damage, image, safety...) And get only 10-14mpg less. When gas is a write off anyways it doesn't make sense.
I've bought my wife a couple vw tdis. They get nearly the same mileage on the highway, are a million times nicer to be in, after I tune them they have literally 150percent more power, I don't have to wear sandles and avoid deodorant, and since I buy them used after the EPA mess I get them crazy cheap and sell them a couple years later for what I paid.
I would buy a Chevy volt, or bolt if I lived in the city.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
A friend has a high end one with rims , coil overs , turbo , solar panel on roof OEM .
Came from a Tahoe .
He goes 400 miles for 8 gallons of gas plus 100 miles on electric if just does close runs . So about 500 miles for $25 twice a week is $50 for 1000 miles vs $220 a mo. in the chevy .
As a electric car its cool but still rides like a eco box , and his only complaint is the cabin noise is loud .
Ours is pretty quiet. But then I'm used to driving an older Suburban so maybe it just seems quiet to me, lol.
I've been told that in a few cities they use them for cabs because they will run 400,000 miles and still be going strong.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Came from a Tahoe .
Ours is pretty quiet. But then I'm used to driving an older Suburban so maybe it just seems quiet to me, lol.
I've been told that in a few cities they use them for cabs because they will run 400,000 miles and still be going strong.
They definitely use them for cabs everywhere and also it's the choice vehicle for uber drivers.

Sea tac airport is a sight to see in the pick up area.. literally thousands upon thousands of them

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
They definitely use them for cabs everywhere and also it's the choice vehicle for uber drivers.

Sea tac airport is a sight to see in the pick up area.. literally thousands upon thousands of them
I haven't been to seatac in some time but I can imagine the look of it. My dad works for Bastyr University in Kenmore, their parking lots are full of them. At least half the vehicle there are hybrids, I always like swinging in with my old Suburban when I go back to visit in the winter. The looks I get, lol!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
oh cool, we work in that area often

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I did a job the other night, 20" auto scrubber, 20" electric burnisher, both fit nicely in the back of the Prius. I almost don't even see why I would need the truck anymore, lol!

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
You get the best mileage with priuses by Surging. When coasting you have to have just a tiny bit of throttle on to keep them from recharging. If they made a minivan for city use it would be awesome. Chrysler is making a Minivan that is a hybrud but I think it only comes super deluxe.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
You get the best mileage with priuses by Surging. When coasting you have to have just a tiny bit of throttle on to keep them from recharging. If they made a minivan for city use it would be awesome. Chrysler is making a Minivan that is a hybrud but I think it only comes super deluxe.
I guess there is a hybrid truck out or coming out now. They're really expanding on what a hybrid can do.