Printer toner removal from carpet

Kiwi

Jul 24, 2011
Otago New Zealand
Real Name
John Acheson
Business Location
United States
Hey would appreciate picking everybody's brains on what best way to remove printer toner (pink) from synthetic office carpet tiles. Powdered toner was spilt but apparently is corrosive to vacuum motors. So my plan to start with some dry vacuuming is not looking good. Any suggestions?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Go buy a cheap $15 one gallon shop vac to use or even better just use your truckmount hose with a dust downer. Dry vacuuming is most important with toner.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Vacuum, and toner is not that horrible. If you have a good vacuum I would not worry. then use a good pre spray and possibly some citra gel or power gel , rinse with acid rinse.

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hey would appreciate picking everybody's brains on what best way to remove printer toner (pink) from synthetic office carpet tiles. Powdered toner was spilt but apparently is corrosive to vacuum motors. So my plan to start with some dry vacuuming is not looking good. Any suggestions?
Yes, use their vacuum. Remains of toner, if any, treat with a Solv Ink ot similar product. Apply and rinse almost immediately, you don't want to just disturbe it and let it bleed deep down Citrus gel, on the other hand will bond
with ink and prevents further malarky, just remember to rinse citrus gel well.
If you use liquid solvent., apply, rinse, repeat. Sometimes is painful or even more painful. Talking carpet square, rather use paste than liquid.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yes, use their vacuum. Remains of toner, if any, treat with a Solv Ink ot similar product. Apply and rinse almost immediately, you don't want to just disturbe it and let it bleed deep down Citrus gel, on the other hand will bond
with ink and prevents further malarky, just remember to rinse citrus gel well.
If you use liquid solvent., apply, rinse, repeat. Sometimes is painful or even more painful. Talking carpet square, rather use paste than liquid.

Johnson52

Oct 5, 2008
California
Real Name
John Conard
Business Location
United States
Don't forget to encircle the stain with your rinse agent as it can will mushroom outward if you don't. If for some reason your removal isn't successful you don't want to blow it up. Ink is notorious for blowups.

Latest posts