Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
So I don't have any pictures as I haven't seen the carpet yet, but a customer I got scheduled for an upcoming date stated that they had some powder toner spots on their carpets. I have never done an ink stain before, let alone a toner spot, just wanting to make sure I do it right. Any advice on how to clean it correctly would be appreciated! I have Matrix ink remover and no other ink chems, not sure how many are out there.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Its dry vac as much out as possible. Pog works on it. But i found pro choice power gel to work fast and doesnt soak into backing like pog. Takes little bit of scrubbing to break it free. Then rinse. Ink is harder then toner to deal with as it erupts and spreads if not careful.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
Its dry vac as much out as possible. Pog works on it. But i found pro choice power gel to work fast and doesnt soak into backing like pog. Takes little bit of scrubbing to break it free. Then rinse. Ink is harder then toner to deal with as it erupts and spreads if not careful.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll do my best on it!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Capture Dry Compound also works wonders on ink (and graphite) and by using a dry compound you wont have to worry so much about the ink spreading. Go slow and easy.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Be very careful with ink. It can explode and double in size if you are not careful. I would use a little gel first and see what happens. Gel is much safer than ink remover or POG.

I have had some success using Stain Magic on hard to remove ink. Stain Magic is a must have. It just works but it can be affected by heat. I keep it in a cooler with some ice in my van during the summer.

Last edited:

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Not that I know of, no.
I have done one of these jobs. So take his for what it is. I vacuumed very thoroughly without rubbing he carpet or using the brush roll (use a vacuum attachment with a brush and be very very gentle). Then once I got all I could get I went with the vacuum normally. I couldn't see the toner after the vacuum. Since it's a powder it can be a bit easier. That being said this was one job one time.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
kleenrite - dissolve

works wonders on printer ink, finger print dust, asphault tar, permanent marker etc.

smell is strong so use it only where you have good ventilation

I believe it alcohol based, but it works on many situations where a POG solvent or citrus gel falls short.

a must have in a truck

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Good advise above.

The key thing like mentioned before is to vacuum vacuum vacuum as much out dry as possible. Use the carpet wand to dry vac and when you think you are done keep vacuuming. You will get 75-80% of it out just by dry vacuuming assuming nobody has used any liquid to try to remove it already.

Once you have vacuumed all you can put some prespray on and clean it. If any staining remains move into using spotters like mentioned above. Toner is one I have been able to remove every time as long as the customer has not tried cleaning it first.

Reactions: Rick Imby

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Here is the short version from the Bridgepoint Spot and Stain Removal app -

PRINTER TONER
Products Required
Procedures
  1. Thoroughly dry vacuum toner residue.
  2. Apply Avenge Pro.
  3. Agitate to develop foam and suspend toner.
  4. Rinse thoroughly.
  5. If no stain remains, mist with Spot Stop, and brush in with a Whiz Groom.
    " If stain remains
  6. Apply All Solv Extreme.
  7. Agitate lightly.
  8. Apply Avenge Pro.
  9. Agitate lightly.
  10. Rinse thoroughly.
  11. Mist with Spot Stop, and brush in with a Whiz Groom.

BTW - This has been available for Android for sometime. Expect to have an Apple version in the next 2 months.

You can also download the information here - https://interlinksupply.com/app/index.php

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner
Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
Toner is not ink.
Toner is a powder used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the printed text and images on the paper, in general with a toner cartridge. In its early form it was a mix of carbon powder and iron oxide. Then, to improve the quality of the printout, the carbon was melt-mixed with a polymer.

Shop Vac first without rubbing it in should get most of it out then reg vacuum. Do not get it wet. Alcohol will get out any remaining remnants of the toner.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Toner is not ink.
Toner is a powder used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the printed text and images on the paper, in general with a toner cartridge. In its early form it was a mix of carbon powder and iron oxide. Then, to improve the quality of the printout, the carbon was melt-mixed with a polymer.

Shop Vac first without rubbing it in should get most of it out then reg vacuum. Do not get it wet. Alcohol will get out any remaining remnants of the toner.

Good points. Years ago we got out toner with magnets and a vacuum.

Do not get the toner hot as the polymer can melt onto the fiber just like onto a sheet of paper.

Different toners have different mixes of ingredients, size of particles, temperatures at which they activate and so forth. So, always a little experimenting involved.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I would not use hot water especially really hot 200+ degree water. Toner is actually melted into the paper with a hot roller. Flash heated. You will not get it out if you melt it into the carpet.

Anjon Datto

Banned
Apr 5, 2017
Bangladesh
Real Name
Anjon Datto
Business Location
Bangladesh
In choosing the best printer your first decision is whether to go for a standard printer, or a multi-function device which includes a scanner and which can also work as a standalone copier.
These aren't much larger than regular printers, but they're a whole lot more versatile, especially when you need to keep a copy of a letter, a bill or any other important document, so our first list includes the best inkjet printers and best multi-function devices.
You should also think carefully about whether to invest in an inkjet or a laser. Lasers are usually associated with office environments, where they produce sharp, smudge-free printouts quickly, quietly and economically, but this can be just as useful at home or in a home office.

And don't imagine that mono laser printers are the only option - colour laser printers are now very affordable, and you can even get get multi-function laser printers, too. So we've also come up with a list of the best laser printers, and not just for office users with budgets to burn, but home users looking for value, quality, compactness and ease of use.So let's firstly look at the best inkjet printers around before looking at the best laser printers. Find out more form here https://www.microtonersupplies.com.au/

Last edited: