Pricing on church cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pricing on church cleaning

Bigsmitty

Feb 24, 2020
Real Name
Jeremy Smith
I’ve been asked to bid on cleaning a church what is the average price per square feet?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Im at .50 minimum, unless its the church i attend its $0

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Cleaning what exactly? Basic janitorial, carpet, tile, seats...?

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
Whatever your normal rate is unless you want to give them a discount.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
estimate you time to clean it and then figure how much you make an hour.

Even if this is your fist time you could get close.

Also ask the pastor in charge what others have charged and what is his budget.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Tell him you prayed and Jesus said 35 cents a square foot for the carpet cleaning.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I’ve been asked to bid on cleaning a church what is the average price per square feet?
There is no such thing as an average price per sq. ft. for starters. I will consider if I think the job is going to be fairly easy and may shoot a discount. A lot of pews are stationary and it's a bit of a pain for me to go between them and get under every single pew while some churches now use seats and they can remove them all out of the way for you the night before you clean. I know my area pretty well and I know if I go too high I may as well have not bothered to give the estimate. At the same time if I go too low I may as well have not done the job. I suggest shooting them a price in accordance with any other business. I almost never give a discounted price to businesses, but I may to a church if they haven't let it get really bad. Most of the church carpets I've done have been fairly easy cleaning.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
We do our share of churches regularly. Ours are nylon cgd, well maintained and I can do 2k an hour pad capping pretty easily or 1.6k an hour hwe, just straight hate on the wand with zero regard for my body with good hose management. Yeah I am sore TM or portable after 10k of carpet a day, but I put on heat patches under my left shoulder and lower back and cry all the way to the bank.

I know to the dollar what each van needs to make per day to keep the lights on and to be profitable. My prices are quoted to be profitable per hour on the job and every job is different. I only have one church with a diminishing flock and the time in between cleanings has increased and my price has been static. They cut a check on the spot and do all the prep work and we don't even vacuum, we do this one for a dime a square and do 16-21k every time. Start at 8 have a 30 minute lunch at noon and home by 330, ten minutes from my house, golden even on the low end for all hwe. Hopefully this helps a little to give you some insight on time and money.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
After I remind them on how important it is for both of us to prosper I will cut a slight deal. If we show up and chairs aren't stacked, not vacuumed, like we discussed, we had to wait 45 minutes because they were at Starbucks. We triple the price or walk.

tlema

Mar 1, 2020
Real Name
Tracy lema
It’s really too vague a question to give you a relevant answer. Give them your normal rate plus a discount..