Pricing carpet stretching

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gnu

Nov 16, 2009
Onion Sniffing Country
bingclean.com
Real Name
Ka Nacka Chu
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, I have a job tomarrow to restretch some carpets a competitor got wild with an old rx unit.
I havent stretched carpets in forever. I always avoid carpet repairs because everytime it is always expected to be a freebie. But, I was cleaning a 3600 home and a customer saw the van and just wants stretching done down the street.
Charge by the room, foot? and how much should I charge these days? :confused:
Thanks in advance!!!

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I am looking forward to see the answers you receive, I am learning this service now and have seen alot of need, but dont know how to price.

I normally pass this onto a company used by one of my family memebers. The company shows up with the owner and 6 mexicans, they do good work, for the 15 minutes they are there.

He charged $185 to stretch one room with two sides and around a closet.

Charged $220 for two small rooms, 10x15 and 10x12

Dont know if that helps. This also includes nailing down a second row of tack strips.

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
My price in central Missouri is $75 minimum for simple 8 point stretch with few or no obstacles, such as fireplaces and closets. Price increases for large rooms requiring dead man, and tearing up and replacing seams. Basically $100 per hour. Hope that helps.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Our company hired carpet installers on a regular basis. For new installs, the rate was between $2.50 and $3.50 per sq. yd. depending upon the complexity of the install. Reinstalling a carpet was usually $2 per sq. yd. This was from 2000 to 2005. Prices may have changed with time and location. I would also expect a one time job to pay more than what we paid for installs done almost every week.

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
The company shows up with the owner and 6 mexicans.
ROFLMAOA!!!HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

I know youre not lying, and you might get some heat over that remark, however, it's hiiiilllarrioouussss.

My price in central Missouri is $75 minimum for simple 8 point stretch with few or no obstacles, such as fireplaces and closets. Price increases for large rooms requiring dead man, and tearing up and replacing seams. Basically $100 per hour. Hope that helps.
THIS.

AVG $100 an hr and also depends on if I have to move furniture and or reinforce tack strips.

Feb 5, 2011
Real Name
Mike Feom
Business Location
United States
We specialize in carpet stretching and patching on a nationwide scale. It's impossible to give you a proper answer about how much to charge. There's just too many variables. How much furniture to move? How many seams need to be taken apart, and how much is it worth to the customer? Also it varies by region.

I charge at least $150.00 in the Santa Barbara area but have trouble getting $80.00 in Boise ID.

As a rule of thumb, we charge as much as we think it's worth to the customer.

Kerm

Feb 27, 2011
Nevada
Real Name
Mark Doble
Business Location
United States
I've been a contractor laying carpet for 27 years + in the Lake Tahoe area. For re-stretches in this area, I charge $2 a square yard. Unless the area is very small, then the re-stretch falls into one of three minimums: $40, $75, or $125, depending on the time it takes to do it, furniture, etc.

Feb 5, 2011
Real Name
Mike Feom
Business Location
United States
I can see that you've been installing for a long time because you're charging 1990 prices. We never charge less than $125.00.

Feb 21, 2011
Real Name
Carl
Business Location
United States
Yes you'll probably charge them for an hourly rate so advised them to empty the room prior to the appointment.

trad71

Mar 11, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Ladd Krestan
Business Location
United States
Ive been installing for 17 yrs. Ive found that a minimum for the first hour Im there of 85$,then an hourly rater for every hour after.(depending on what your market will bear) i charge 40$ an hour,( Im usually by myself, no employee) its been workin for me for sometime.

Nov 12, 2010
SD
Real Name
ELI Rodolph
Business Location
United States
We charge $4/yard for empty and $5/yard if there is contents manipulation involved. Sometimes even more if there is a grand piano or a grandfather clock. I always try to do an onsite estimate so I can explain our prices and usually the homeowner will move there own contents to save money and it makes our job easier. I will always have them move anything fragile like fine china, etc.

Latest posts