wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I haven't seen yellowing this bad in a while. These were odd-looking to me and I know for a fact they've been down at least several years. The customer is an older lady who is trying to sell this house w/o replacing all the carpet. Really it should be replaced, but that's not my call. She just wanted it to look better. I wasn't too sure how well these were going to come out and made that clear before I did anything. I think all things considered they came out much better than I expected. I'm sure she will be pleased when she gets by to look at it. I pretreated every single stain heavily before I even brought anything else in with Harvard Yellow Out because that's what I had on hand. It's no better or worse than other peroxides I've used. I simply got a really great deal on it locally so it cost me very little. All 3 bedrooms had some pretty severe yellowing from urine. Funny thing is there was no odor whatsoever so my main concern here was getting these stains out. These pics only show some of the stains. They were pretty much all over the place. I boosted some Grease Eraser with some Matrix Miracle for my prespray. These rooms really weren't very dirty at all, just heavily stained.
20191105_102909.jpg
20191105_102919.jpg
20191105_104938.jpg
20191105_104951.jpg
20191105_121937.jpg
20191105_124011.jpg
20191105_125807.jpg
20191105_130715.jpg

Sabyl Nate

Nov 4, 2018
Moline, IL
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I mean... that looks pretty amazing from my POV. I usually use Miracle as a pre-treatment stand alone on urine jobs like that, so it's cool to see that it worked that well as a booster. Funny that there was no smell though... I can almost smell that tangy, pungent poodle piss smell just looking at the pics, lol.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I mean... that looks pretty amazing from my POV. I usually use Miracle as a pre-treatment stand alone on urine jobs like that, so it's cool to see that it worked that well as a booster. Funny that there was no smell though... I can almost smell that tangy, pungent poodle piss smell just looking at the pics, lol.
I only added the Matrix Miracle to maybe boost the stain removal a bit and to hit any smaller spots I might have missed with the peroxide. The Harvard Yellow Out did the bulk of the stain removal before I ever got started cleaning. A lot of the stains began to look much better on contact with the peroxide. I have on occasion just boosted with Matrix Miracle or something similar and gotten great results. I just wasn't too confident these stains were going to respond and felt that the liquid peroxide full strength would give the best possible outcome and I gave it as much dwell time on the stains as I possibly could before cleaning anything.

Reactions: Sabyl Nate

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yellows can vary so much from diet, dogs health, DIY attempts and meds. We hit them first with Unchained, add a little Unchained to the prespray and then if it doesn’t all come out mist Unchained and walk away. Great job.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yellows can vary so much from diet, dogs health, DIY attempts and meds. We hit them first with Unchained, add a little Unchained to the prespray and then if it doesn’t all come out mist Unchained and walk away. Great job.
There were two things you touched on that I believe were going on with those stains. First, the owner had used a cheap, over the counter, extraction machine to try and clean herself. Then, I suspect the dogs' diet probably had some type of vitamins in it containing food dyes that passed through their system and right out in their urine. I could tell right away those weren't normal looking urine stains. I mean, after all, by now, after 32 years, I should be an expert on pee right! I've seen enough of it over the years. These were old stains that she never could get out herself.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There were two things you touched on that I believe were going on with those stains. First, the owner had used a cheap, over the counter, extraction machine to try and clean herself. Then, I suspect the dogs' diet probably had some type of vitamins in it containing food dyes that passed through their system and right out in their urine. I could tell right away those weren't normal looking urine stains. I mean, after all, by now, after 32 years, I should be an expert on pee right! I've seen enough of it over the years. These were old stains that she never could get out herself.
We are all still learning. Really I never stop learning and thats whats so nice these days. Back in the day we had to live and learn. Now with the internet, we can live and learn. Lot more comfortable lol.