presto heater from costco

RDCCARPET

Aug 18, 2009
NJ
Real Name
russell calderone
Business Location
United States
Would this be to stick in your van to protect your equipment during the winter?
yes I was thinking of putting it in the van since it said it used 1/3 the power of a 1500w unit. I have been using the small cermic heaters for a long time with great luck but now that I have a second truck was trying to cut down on electric if possible. I have never used the oil filled units before maybe I will pick one up and give that a try.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
yes I was thinking of putting it in the van since it said it used 1/3 the power of a 1500w unit. I have been using the small cermic heaters for a long time with great luck but now that I have a second truck was trying to cut down on electric if possible. I have never used the oil filled units before maybe I will pick one up and give that a try.

I think they are safer..

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
There has not been a revolution in electric heat. The radiant heaters make you "feel" warmer because they do not have to heat all the air between you and them to get you hot.

Your goal is to heat the air in the van so your stuff does not freeze. The oil filled are safe because they do not get really hot in one area, the oil gets really warm.