Pressure Washing, Power Washing, Soft Washing: What's the Difference? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pressure Washing, Power Washing, Soft Washing: What's the Difference?

drpowerwash5

Apr 15, 2020
Real Name
Brett M
I wrote an informative article about the difference between pressure washing, power washing, and soft washing. All of the external cleaning pros out there, check it out and see what you think. If you have any advice on any way that I can improve it please let me know. I get this question from homeowners often and want to have the best resource possible to refer them to.

How can this article be improved?
Would you send this article to a customer to help explain things to them?

Reactions: shumagic

Danieberg86

Apr 6, 2021
Real Name
danieberg
Ironically, pressure washers are used to soft wash, but they are modified to lower the PSI, or pressure per square inch. Soft washing is done using less than 500 PSI for rinsing or cleaning application. The tip of the pressure washer is replaced with one that widens the spray, dropping the point of pressure.
Pressure washing uses highly pressurized water to forcefully remove any dirt or grime from the surface that it comes into contact with. Soft washing forgoes much of that pressurization in favor of chemicals. These chemicals are safe for both your home and the environment.
Soft Washing. Consists of lower-pressure water levels and high concentrations of cleaning solution to clean exterior surfaces.