Pressure pulsation

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Feeling pulsation in the high pressure line.
Also seeing the pressure guage needle bouncing rapidly. Only a minor flicker but it used to hold steady.
What do I go for first, regulator or pump head?
PS, it does the same with tools or bypass hose attached, so that eliminates the tools or hose.
Thanks guys.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Could be a bad check valve in the pump or something stuck in it.
I had a cat pump pulsating terribly and all it was, was a tiny sliver of metal from a pipe thread slightly holding the check valve from closing all the way.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Could be a bad check valve in the pump or something stuck in it.
I had a cat pump pulsating terribly and all it was, was a tiny sliver of metal from a pipe thread slightly holding the check valve from closing all the way.
Thanks Kevin, thats what I was steering towards.
I noticed today that the bounce increased with rpm so it makes sense it's pump head related

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
So I pulled 5 check valves. 3 had crud on the springs, looked like plastic residue from drilling a hole.
The 6th port drives a chemical pump.
Even though there was debris, it has made no difference.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Have you checked the chemical injection system make sure theres no air leaks on the low pressure side (suction) and that its good and primed? Check the diaphragm as well

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Have you checked the chemical injection system make sure theres no air leaks on the low pressure side (suction) and that its good and primed? Check the diaphragm as well
Actually, I never use it. It's just on there from when I bought the TM.
I probably should remove the chem pump.
I assume I need to buy a check valve assembly to go in the port where the pump is?
Thanks

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Actually, I never use it. It's just on there from when I bought the TM.
I probably should remove the chem pump.
I assume I need to buy a check valve assembly to go in the port where the pump is?
Thanks
Ya the check valve behind the chem pump will have a hole in it to acuate the diaphragm. If your deleting the pump you'll need to replace with one with no hole. Just because you dont use it doesnt mean it isnt sucking air though brother

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Ya the check valve behind the chem pump will have a hole in it to acuate the diaphragm. If your deleting the pump you'll need to replace with one with no hole. Just because you dont use it doesnt mean it isnt sucking air though brother
Yeah, I took the others apart and cleaned them. They're in good shape so that only leaves the chem pump.
I'll order the valve assembly and delete the pump.
Thanks brother!

Reactions: SRD