pressure keeps dropping | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

pressure keeps dropping

Brad Lozeki

Mar 11, 2009
Hamilton, ON
Real Name
Brad Lozeki
Hello looking for some advice on this problem, any help would be appreciated.
We have replaced the heat exchanger, bleed the system, ran water in the system no issues, when we engage the pump pressure builds ( we hear a clicking noise) then drops right away, not sure what to try next thank you in advance, i can email a video, as the forums says it was to large to upload...

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
did you pull all the brass and check the filters on the pump?
Any other filters coming into the pump?
Did you pull the pump and look for something lodged in the in or out?
I just had a similar problem and come to find out it was the incoming 3' whip hose from the live reel to pump that is totally clogged.

upload the video to youtube then drop the link

Brad Lozeki

Mar 11, 2009
Hamilton, ON
Real Name
Brad Lozeki
we have checked all the filters and all is good.
we have not pulled the pump yet
we have no pressure hoses connected, when we open the convenience valve and then close it slowly pressure creeps up, when we close it completely, (click click noise then back to 0, can you I email a video

pump not holding pressure , tries to build up then back to zero if that helps

Last edited:

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
if there is a click click noise in your pump that wasn't there before, somethings wrong with the pump. your gonna need a 7/8" i think socket, wd40 or better, to pull the brass on the pump.
If that were me I'd first see if a new pump was available locally, when I find out it isn't available anywhere locally Id get on amazon and get one on the way asap.

Johnson52

Oct 5, 2008
California
Real Name
John Conard
Business Location
United States
Just a suggestion, and maybe I missed it but if you stated brand of truckmount and model you could receive more specific advice.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer