Pressure gauge not showing psi on El Diablo TM | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pressure gauge not showing psi on El Diablo TM

DirtE

May 5, 2020
Real Name
Tom Benson
Hello,
I’m completely new to the carpet cleaning business and have purchased a 2nd gen el Diablo TM (the one with the 27hp Kohler engine, 45 blower and diesel burner). Anyway, I did my first carpet cleaning job at my family’s house over the weekend and for the most part everything went pretty smooth. Something that kept going wrong though was that the pressure gage would drop back down to 0 after I would set it. So I had no idea if it was still set to the pressure I had set it to. And any time I’d turn the knob up the gauge wouldn’t move. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I’m doing wrong? As I mentioned, I’m 100% new to this and it was my first time ever using a TM, so I could use some help haha.

Joeytechman

May 18, 2020
Real Name
J Kenny
Some units use an unloader. When water is not flowing out of the system the pump is "unloaded" and the gauge will read zero. When you trigger your cleaning tool, pressure will build and show on the gauge. Be careful turning the pressure adjustment knob when unloaded, it can cause a spike when you do pull the trigger. Back the knob all the way off, adjust the pressure to where you want it while spraying water from the tool.

DirtE

May 5, 2020
Real Name
Tom Benson
Some units use an unloader. When water is not flowing out of the system the pump is "unloaded" and the gauge will read zero. When you trigger your cleaning tool, pressure will build and show on the gauge. Be careful turning the pressure adjustment knob when unloaded, it can cause a spike when you do pull the trigger. Back the knob all the way off, adjust the pressure to where you want it while spraying water from the tool.
Jesus that sounds like a nightmare. So I’m going to need to bring my hose outside every time I switch a tool out? Thank you for the advice