Pressure drop when I pull the trigger.

ozman

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
oscar sanchez
The PSI goes all the way to zero when I pull the trigger. Both on low 200 PSI AND 400 PSI. Is that supposed to happen? I have a
nautilus MXE-500

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Ozman;

When you position/set the psi gauge at 400 (as an example) and then you press the trigger on the wand, where do you think the pressure goes to? You are demanding that it travels through your pressure hose to your wand and through your jets. Thus, it is common that you will, or might have a pressure drop to zero.

(dependent on your jet openings will also determine your pressure drop!)

Hope this helps;
Ed Valentine

Reactions: Scott W

ozman

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
oscar sanchez
Ozman;

When you position/set the psi gauge at 400 (as an example) and then you press the trigger on the wand, where do you think the pressure goes to? You are demanding that it travels through your pressure hose to your wand and through your jets. Thus, it is common that you will, or might have a pressure drop to zero.

(dependent on your jet openings will also determine your pressure drop!)

Hope this helps;
Ed Valentine
Sorry for the dumb question I guess I never noticed it.

Thank you for the fast reply.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Not a dumb question my friend. I have a Power Flite back up machine that if it does to zero it indicates I need to bleed my pump. I’ve only used a MXE 500 a tiny bit and have never owned one so don’t know how its gauges work. But ask away better to ask here then not ask and have a issue in front of a client...... dont ask me how I know!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Usually that happens after you run your p ui mp dry and you have an air bubble in your system. Take the end off a solution line and run it for a minute. That clears the line. It usually will drop some when uh ou trigger the wand, but not to 0.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

ozman

Jun 15, 2018
Real Name
oscar sanchez
Usually that happens after you run your p ui mp dry and you have an air bubble in your system. Take the end off a solution line and run it for a minute. That clears the line. It usually will drop some when uh ou trigger the wand, but not to 0.
I thought so, it usually does but not all the way to zero.

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Hi, How old is this machine. (Meaning, how many hours are approximately on the machine)? If you are running around 25 feet of 1/4" pressure lead on the machine, which is what is comes with from the factory, the pressure drop should be around 25 psi.

No matter what pressure set you are at that is what is called "friction loss" in the line.

If the pressure is dropping to zero on trigger, most likely an issue with volume supply of fluid to the pump or out of the pump. Air in the lines will do this also. That system has a bypass relief built in, so the pump moves water back into the fresh water tank to keep things circulating when you are off trigger, but the pressure off trigger should go back to its preset you have set it to.

If your wand jets are severely worn out you may very well get a significant drop in pressure, but it should not go to zero on the gauge. When the gauge dumps to zero on trigger, the volume of fluid cannot be kept up by the pump.

I would check the incoming filter from the fresh water holding tank first. Make sure is has no blockages in it. You can see this by looking into the bottom of the fresh water tank. next, check the lines going from the tank to the pump, make sure they are routed correctly and do not have any kinks in them. Make sure the same thing on the output of the pump. If the lines are good, and the wand jets are good, then most likely issue will be in the pressure regulator control side. The pintle may very well be stuck and not controlling properly.

Back off the adjusting knob all the way out, there will be a spring behind it, with a cupped washer. Note the direction of the cupped washer when taking out. put it back the same way, With needle nose pliers, remove the pintle, it may be stuck. Gently tug on it with the pliers and remove it. Clean it up with a towel, inspect the oring's. Make sure they are not damaged. lube the pintle and the cone shaped cup washer with a little bit of light oil or white lithium grease and reassemble it and see if that fixes your issue. If that doesn't fix it, you may very well have an issue with the pump unit itself. That is why i asked earlier how many hours are on the machine.
It may need to be rebuilt/resealed.

Hope this helps.

LeeHCS

Jan 8, 2019
Real Name
Lee Harrington
Easiest first thing to check is the solution line filter, if it’s clogged the pressure will build fine when the trigger isn’t pressed, but the clogged filter will reduce the pressure as soon as you start to use it