Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, What did you use for the poly, if it wasn't a carpet cleaning product? Simple Green? LOL sort of, but I am curious what you used to get good results on Poly.

The TMF poly product will be out pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Would like to know the contestants and winners... I have tried a few and most have been good but had some not as good.

Sometimes you look for things that set it apart as many will clean fine, some clean as good with less amount, over all price. But some miss key points I look for like low to no foaming (hate foamers), easy mix in any water, cold weather stableness, ph after rinse, etc...

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Oddly enough I've tried two pre-sprays extensively, and those were chemspec TLC and Harvard's Grime Release. Both worked great. Chemspec got too high and my supplier quit carrying them bc chemspec started charging higher shipping unless they ordered so many lbs. So I choose the other. I have tried more presprays but not as much as those two. With these two it has been 5 plus years.

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app

I recently picked up some Grime Release from a local supply that they were closing out on. I'm almost certain it is the same as Grand Slam. Definitely along the same lines if not exactly the same. If they had continued to stock it I would've bought more. I hardly ever go there because they are geared more towards janitorial supply and not professional carpet cleaning. They carry very little that I can actually use.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
I recently picked up some Grime Release from a local supply that they were closing out on. I'm almost certain it is the same as Grand Slam. Definitely along the same lines if not exactly the same. If they had continued to stock it I would've bought more. I hardly ever go there because they are geared more towards janitorial supply and not professional carpet cleaning. They carry very little that I can actually use.
I've always been pleased with Grime Release. I've recently started trying out enzyme prespray by Harvard and am liking it. Recently I was offered to walk through HCR, it was a very cool experience, and the ppl over there are so nice. Let me know how you end up liking Grime Release. Another lil thing about that is if you mix it 1:16, and add a lil de zov all, it works pretty good on filtration.

Sent from my XT1254 using TMF Forums mobile app

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
got a question concerning on Groutmaster.

I use Grand Slam and can overspray on wood floor or base trim it does not affect the finish (unless its an old finish) If I add Groutmaster would it be the same?

Will C

Jul 23, 2016
Real Name
Will Pope
got a question concerning on Groutmaster.

I use Grand Slam and can overspray on wood floor or base trim it does not affect the finish (unless its an old finish) If I add Groutmaster would it be the same?
I used Grout Master for the first time last Thursday on a big tile and grout job. I noticed a little over spray on the new transition to the newly refinished hardwood floors and wiped it up, but it didn't do any damage for the little time it was there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

CoastalMel

Nov 22, 2016
Real Name
Melissa LePain
If you could pick only one prespray for carpets what would you pick. Which one would be safe for the majority of different carpet types?

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you could pick only one prespray for carpets what would you pick. Which one would be safe for the majority of different carpet types?

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

I'm going to say TMF Pro10k. It's the best "all around prespray" we have ever tested or made. It may seemed bias but it's what I aimed for when designing it.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I've done some testing like this before and I've found its never the same as real world. You can do your best to make it work but every carpet situation is so different.

So many different types of oils, carpets, water source, what rinse and how much is built up in the system, house conditions, on and on.

Fwiw I've tried a lot of pre sprays and of all the stronger ones or boosters they all work pretty much the same, especially if your pre scrubbing well.

Grease eraser, grout master, flex, ph10k, slop gobble etc all will strip any carpet completely clean when boosted with oxygen.

Some I like more or less for other reasons than cleaning power like how well they mix with osr, or liquid peroxide, or other powders.

Worst pre spray I've ever used is an ez one. Grand slam, foamiest product on the market and less effective than several green pre sprays

Sent from my SM-N920V using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: aloha one

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Are you done with this test or is it still going on?

With this test most worked good but a few standouts. Prespray Flex w/citrus, Pro10k and Firestorm all did great. Since it was polyester the detergent only presprays (like Saigers) had to be boosted with citrus and oxy to match cleaning performances.

We found Procyon and Prosafe did very well but since they are safer products they needed more swell time and had to be agitated. However when we added a scoop of Groutmaster to Prosafe and Procyon they cleaned extremely well and fast. Kind of lowers the safe level a bit tho by boosting but really only need it for polys and rat nasties.

Probably best thing for polyester for sure is straight Groutmaster. Cut like butter. Problem is you must use an acid rinse to lower ph. By adding Flex Ice as rinse it was a perfect combo!

Protectors Bridgepoint Maxim and green guard were my favorites.

Best Oxy booster was Pure02 with citrus. Perfect mix of peroxide and citrus in a powder. The citrus keeps the pero from over reacting and you get 2 boosters in one.

The reason we have delayed is because we are conducting several tests over different scenarios. By summer we will have a compete range and better analysis. We will also have some amazing new products by then.

Reactions: jacobthejones

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.
With this test most worked good but a few standouts. Prespray Flex w/citrus, Pro10k and Firestorm all did great. Since it was polyester the detergent only presprays (like Saigers) had to be boosted with citrus and oxy to match cleaning performances.

We found Procyon and Prosafe did very well but since they are safer products they needed more swell time and had to be agitated. However when we added a scoop of Groutmaster to Prosafe and Procyon they cleaned extremely well and fast. Kind of lowers the safe level a bit tho by boosting but really only need it for polys and rat nasties.

Probably best thing for polyester for sure is straight Groutmaster. Cut like butter. Problem is you must use an acid rinse to lower ph. By adding Flex Ice as rinse it was a perfect combo!

Protectors Bridgepoint Maxim and green guard were my favorites.

Best Oxy booster was Pure02 with citrus. Perfect mix of peroxide and citrus in a powder. The citrus keeps the pero from over reacting and you get 2 boosters in one.

The reason we have delayed is because we are conducting several tests over different scenarios. By summer we will have a compete range and better analysis. We will also have some amazing new products by then.

How about preload 5? I'm having great success with it!