Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
A couple photos here shows how effective scrubbing with a large orbit OP does to loosen soils and embedded debris before vacuuming. This client has a Newfoundland..."Tanker". I got a 13 gallon trash bag FULL of hair on this job.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
This is really cool Paul. It seems I could go with a Trinity and not need a CRB at all. A CRB might do a little better of a job, I can sacrifice "a little better" to alleviate brining in yet another piece of equipment. Going into a home with a vacuum and only one other machine is what I would love to do.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
carpet is dry when you are doing that Paul?
Yes. That's the first thing I asked him to clarify in another thread. Quite amazing. It's odd that no one has talked about this at all regarding the trinity. I guess that trinity vs orbot video john made a long time ago was on dry carpet.. I never knew that until now.

This means my next machine will definitely be a trinity, and i already sold my CRB and don't think I will be getting another.. I am going to put that money towards a trinity instead. Paul's info on this has been a real game changer in my mind and I think it really shows the advancements is VLM equipment, pair that with the advancements in VLM chems...

Derek.

May 6, 2010
Western NY
Real Name
Derek B
Business Location
United States
good stuff Ryan, mine will likely be that machine as well...later this year or next.

i just need to know which model to buy, can't find a thread anywhere describing all of there differences.

Paul, will the Tri encap CGD better and faster than the Cimex? if so, with what pad? do fiber pads work with this OP machine?

Reactions: Ryankettering

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
Which Trinity is this? They have 3 models, correct? I live like 15 miles from where they are made.

What A Difference - Carpet & Tile Cleaning - Lexington KY
http://

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
good stuff Ryan, mine will likely be that machine as well...later this year or next.

i just need to know which model to buy, can't find a thread anywhere describing all of there differences.

Paul, will the Tri encap CGD better and faster than the Cimex? if so, with what pad? do fiber pads work with this OP machine?
Derek I have looked a lot into the differences. For you being mostly commercial I would recommend the rock. For me doing mostly residential the decision is a bit harder. A big consideration for me is that if I rig a spray system for the trinity (possibly the sprayborg that I bought from you) I won't have a trigger to activate the sprayer on the freedom or profit.

It's my understanding that the rock is a true wheels down machine, where as the freedom unit is the same exact head and size and can have wheels down, but it is used more like a "rudder" for easier control due to the way the machine is laid out.

I just sold my crb and if I sell my orbot with spray and weights too, the trinity rock won't be too bad out of pocket. I might keep the orbot still as a second machine though.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Derek I have looked a lot into the differences. For you being mostly commercial I would recommend the rock. For me doing mostly residential the decision is a bit harder. A big consideration for me is that if I rig a spray system for the trinity (possibly the sprayborg that I bought from you) I won't have a trigger to activate the sprayer on the freedom or profit.

It's my understanding that the rock is a true wheels down machine, where as the freedom unit is the same exact head and size and can have wheels down, but it is used more like a "rudder" for easier control due to the way the machine is laid out.

I just sold my crb and if I sell my orbot with spray and weights too, the trinity rock won't be too bad out of pocket. I might keep the orbot still as a second machine though.
Do you have a link to the trinity rock? I have no idea what this is. I'm in the market for a cimex in the next month but 99% commercial with it. So if there's a better, faster option is love to know what it is, how it compares on speed & price to the cimex.

I know of one cimex for sale locally, he wants $1895. Used obviously, its the cr48 I think, 19". I'd love to get the 24" but the 19" is already hard enough loading/unloading into a van.

Any tips Ryan? Since you're the expert and stay on top of all the new VLM equipment. FYI 90% of my commercial work is wide open space. No maneuvering around stuff.

Thanks

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
I got my first Rock last October and got my second Rock about 2 months ago. From what i understand is that all Trinity models clean equally as well as another. The difference is not in performance or results. The difference is in size weight handling and bells and whistles.
As John puts it the Rock is best suited for old fat guys just like the Cadilac of cars is.
I use the Rock for residential and commercial and find it handles great in both situations.

As far as residential the models without the spray system would be ok because it is pretty quick to prespray a home and the wheels up may not be a big deal either because of the short work durations.

For commercial work manual pre spraying is a $$ killer. If i had to manually prespray commercial work i would not be a happy camper. The Rocks comfort and ease of handling is best suited for the long hours of operation that a lot of commercial work requires.

Derek i have not used my Cimex since i got the Rock. My dry times are waaay faster with the Rock and I save at least 1/3 or more in chem cost compared to the Cimex. Also i found the biggest thing that shocked me was that i can clean as good or better with micro fiber pads on the Rock as i can with grey fiber pads on the Cimex. I have tip bloomed carpet with the Cimex and no matter how much i got to scrub with the Rock i have never tip bloomed with it.
For what it is worth my opinion is that the Rock is as good as it gets for VLM.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Good grief at the TIP BLOOMING!

Have you had a senility test lately?
an OP machine that can run on dry carpet to pull up crap like a crb does with out TB is pretty interesting to me.. I know my orbot would TB the crap out of dry carpet. I watched johns trinity vs orbot video again and I see that the trinity's movement really kicks the center of the pad out much more, where as the orbot just keeps all that agitation right there in the center.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Do you have a link to the trinity rock? I have no idea what this is. I'm in the market for a cimex in the next month but 99% commercial with it. So if there's a better, faster option is love to know what it is, how it compares on speed & price to the cimex.

I know of one cimex for sale locally, he wants $1895. Used obviously, its the cr48 I think, 19". I'd love to get the 24" but the 19" is already hard enough loading/unloading into a van.

Any tips Ryan? Since you're the expert and stay on top of all the new VLM equipment. FYI 90% of my commercial work is wide open space. No maneuvering around stuff.

Thanks
https://store.this company does not...ute=product/product&path=59_104&product_id=52

Believe me I have been looking at all the equipment lately. Now I do mostly residential, but I am looking to expand my commercial and keeping this in mind. I have looked into the cimex, trio, and trinity machines.. I just sold my crb and I have decided my only choice for my next machine is which trinity model will best suit me.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
The Rock would be best for Commercial cleaning. It has a bigger solution tank 2.5 gal than the one I adapted to the Freedom, and with the wheels solidly on the ground, you have the ability with it to lean on the handle and unweight the head on places that extra and slower scrubbing isn't necessary.

The Freedom with onboard sprayer that I made up using the Ceme pump from a Whittaker power sprayer does everything I want it to for mixed residential/commercial use. the abilty to run it with the handle straight up lets me get into tighter spots easily. It has the same motor, drive hub and drive plate as the Rock. I can load the head with the weight of the machine and solution tank (about 115 lbs) when I need greater agitation by standing the handle straight up in locked position. It's easy to push that way also. My solution tank is a Mytee two opening 7 qt hydroforce tank strapped on the wheel cross axle. You can see it in the picture posted up a few in this thread. I ran a tiggle switch to turn the pump on and off, it's velcro'd to the t handle...the entire spray system can be removed in about 2 minutes.

Using the machine with handle straight up, I've encapped 4400 sq ft in one church building in 47 minutes......you lean slightly on the handle and the machine follows your lead with no effort...... it'll follow as fast as you can walk.

My customers, skeptical at first have become believers in my low moisture system, commenting that the carpets stay cleaner longer than they have before.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
The Rock would be best for Commercial cleaning. It has a bigger solution tank 2.5 gal than the one I adapted to the Freedom, and with the wheels solidly on the ground, you have the ability with it to lean on the handle and unweight the head on places that extra and slower scrubbing isn't necessary.

The Freedom with onboard sprayer that I made up using the Ceme pump from a Whittaker power sprayer does everything I want it to for mixed residential/commercial use. the abilty to run it with the handle straight up lets me get into tighter spots easily. It has the same motor, drive hub and drive plate as the Rock. I can load the head with the weight of the machine and solution tank (about 115 lbs) when I need greater agitation by standing the handle straight up in locked position. It's easy to push that way also. My solution tank is a Mytee two opening 7 qt hydroforce tank strapped on the wheel cross axle. You can see it in the picture posted up a few in this thread. I ran a tiggle switch to turn the pump on and off, it's velcro'd to the t handle...the entire spray system can be removed in about 2 minutes.

Using the machine with handle straight up, I've encapped 4400 sq ft in one church building in 47 minutes......you lean slightly on the handle and the machine follows your lead with no effort...... it'll follow as fast as you can walk.

My customers, skeptical at first have become believers in my low moisture system, commenting that the carpets stay cleaner longer than they have before.
Paul you are a wealth of info! when you get the chance can you take a pic of the trigger switch you made. If I can adapt a easily functional spray system I think I will go with the freedom for now and add a Rock later when I have more commercial work. The freedom seems like it might be the better option for residential anyway.. and of coarse better fits my budget.

>>>4400 sq ft in one church building in 47 minutes ---> that's crazy! awesome job!

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Paul you are a wealth of info! when you get the chance can you take a pic of the trigger switch you made. If I can adapt a easily functional spray system I think I will go with the freedom for now and add a Rock later when I have more commercial work. The freedom seems like it might be the better option for residential anyway.. and of coarse better fits my budget.

>>>4400 sq ft in one church building in 47 minutes ---> that's crazy! awesome job!
I'm a little critical thinking challenged right now...no comments, Marty! ...after a long bike ride this afternoon on my fixed gear track bike. I did a 15 second video of the spray system I put on the Freedom on Youtube under my user name Roadbike. I can take closeups, but it was simple, cheap and works great.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I'm a little critical thinking challenged right now...no comments, Marty! ...after a long bike ride this afternoon on my fixed gear track bike. I did a 15 second video of the spray system I put on the Freedom on Youtube under my user name Roadbike. I can take closeups, but it was simple, cheap and works great.
I did see that video. I think I even bookmarked it. I will take a closer look at it. btw I sent you a pm :)