Preferred tool for scrubbing tile and grout

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
I am hired to clean tile and grout in an auto dealership and will be using my 500 psi nautilus portable but just wondering what others use to scrub with

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
This is a good brush for tile. It has .022 Dupont Tynex bristles with carbide. It is fine for most ceramic tile. It can be a little stiff for softer stone, Saltillo or other soft clay tiles and highly polished porcelain.

Choose a brush 2" smaller than the stated diameter of your machine. The brushes flare out 1" to 2" under the weight of the machine and with use.

You can get various diameters for different machines. You can get softer or stiffer brushes for different kinds of tile.

Malish and Braun or two quality name brands.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
This is a good brush for tile. It has .022 Dupont Tynex bristles with carbide. It is fine for most ceramic tile. It can be a little stiff for softer stone, Saltillo or other soft clay tiles and highly polished porcelain.

Choose a brush 2" smaller than the stated diameter of your machine. The brushes flare out 1" to 2" under the weight of the machine and with use.

You can get various diameters for different machines. You can get softer or stiffer brushes for different kinds of tile.

Malish and Braun or two quality name brands.
Link?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
@Scott W you need to get with then iT dept and tell them knuckleheads like me like good pics for products.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
We have gotten good photos of over 10,000 of the 12,000 plus items on our websites. In another 6 months or so we will have photos for the whole 12,000. Then we start adding photos until we cover all 100,000+ items we carry. Should only take 10 years or so.

What particularly do you need a photo of?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Wow! Sounds like a ton of work. My brain just likes to see stuff, sometimes I’ll just buy after seeing something appealing. If I ever have a must have pic or info I know your always Happy to help :)

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
175 with a grout brush but do all the outer edges by hand to prevent any wall splash. Or have a splash guard for your machine.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
175 with malish blue bristle brush.
I raised the height of the clutch plate so I could put a bigger brush on mine. Does a great job of hitting the edges.
I use GM mixed in a 5 gallon bucket and slopped down with a mop.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Not sure if this would be a good suggestion, but I also own and use (once in a while) a brush called a Grout gator tile and grout brush. Works well on certain situations light to medium.

Has multiple brushes that can be adjusted in width so you can agitate multiple grout line at a time instead of only 1 grout line.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Crb on grout is only scrubber that will get into grout lines..
imo
It’s not the only but it’s our only go to. However one thing I don’t recommend, a stiffer brush. We found a stiffer brush does not flex enough to reach into grout lines, esp deeper ones, sufficiently. Therefore leaving the blue carpet brushes that flex and go deep works best. Granted we do 99% residential work. For commercial we bring out a 175 or most times the Hos Vibe with tile and grout brush to do the heavy lifting.