Pre-Spray Preference

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
Which Pre-Spray do you prefer using on most residential jobs?

dlshetler

Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Frank Ricard
Business Location
United States
ProZyme, UltraPac, Zone Perfect, Bio Break about covers any residential. Flex w/ Citrus for nasties.

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
Almost all of the name brand presprays are good, and many of the off brand ones, as well. Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on which brand is the board favorite today. I'd purchase what your local guy sells and go with it.

Unless, of course, you don't HAVE a local guy.

Then I would suggest you go with Power Max from Cobb Carpet Supply.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
If the thread last long enough, eventually every prespray made will be listed as someone's favorite. Don't expect to settle any debates. There are a dozen other threads with the same question and you can read as long as you like using the search function.

Zone Perfect for nylon and the majority of residential.
Traffic Slam for olefin, especially with a lot of particle soil such as sand
Flex Powder with Citrus Solv for extra heavy soil

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
Dont sell Robs new powder short, I got my case last week and used it on 2 rather rat nasty rentals. I was actually pretty happy with the results. The place I did this morning came out really nice considering the complex manager tried cleaning it with a rental machine 3 times before calling me. I was last ditch before replacement. They were so happy with the results they said they'll never rent a machine again and will use me from now on.

Reactions: Tom Ingram

Presidential Cleaning

Nov 13, 2008
The White House
www.presidentialcleaningtn.com
Real Name
Zac
Business Location
United States
Dont sell Robs new powder short, I got my case last week and used it on 2 rather rat nasty rentals. I was actually pretty happy with the results. The place I did this morning came out really nice considering the complex manager tried cleaning it with a rental machine 3 times before calling me. I was last ditch before replacement. They were so happy with the results they said they'll never rent a machine again and will use me from now on.
Porty or TM?

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
CleanFree by Bridgepoint. It is advertised mainly as a rinse but it is a GREAT prespray. I put it down hot with a Hydroforce and usually can rinse with plain hot water with great results. CleanFree prespray and a bar of Fels Naptha handles most any residential carpet.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Almost all of the name brand presprays are good, and many of the off brand ones, as well. Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on which brand is the board favorite today. I'd purchase what your local guy sells and go with it.

Unless, of course, you don't HAVE a local guy.

Then I would suggest you go with Power Max from Cobb Carpet Supply.

Sorry man, but your wrongly assuming that every local guy actually sells a good prespray and from what you're saying that there's little if any performance difference. I've bought from the local guy. The last time I used their stuff it gave me some kind of weird attack that ended with me outside and unconscious in about a total of a minutes time from after I put the stuff down. Never bought Spartan prespray again and never will. That's all they sold locally for many years btw. I think they might actually have one or two added after about 20 years or so. My local janitorial supply is pretty useless as far as carpet cleaning supplies go. I've also had presprays for both carpet and upholstery that did absolutely NOTHING. Some presprays simply do a better job than others particularly if your not pre-agitating every single job.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Cocktail # 1: 6 scoops Extreme Clean + 2 oz Firewater + 4 scoops of Flex w citrus solv
Cocktail #2: (lower ph): 8 scoops of Prozyme + 2 oz Firewater + 4 oz of Dirty Jobs laundry cleaner.
Both above are mixed in 5oz of inline sprayer jugs.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using TMF Forums mobile app

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Cocktail # 1: 6 scoops Extreme Clean + 2 oz Firewater + 4 scoops of Flex w citrus solv
Cocktail #2: (lower ph): 8 scoops of Prozyme + 2 oz Firewater + 4 oz of Dirty Jobs laundry cleaner.
Both above are mixed in 5oz of inline sprayer jugs.

Both cocktails listed above work incredible! Cocktail #2 has a ph of about 8.5 & is safe of 5th gen. I rinse cocktail #1 with a mild acid rinse