Pre-scrub machine for Residential | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Pre-scrub machine for Residential

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I have a customer who uses his 19" Cimex to scrub every house...yes 2nd floor. But he's pretty strong at 6'4" 230!
yeah well he has 60lbs on me,lol

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
How about a CRB machine like the prochem procaps? Or a Sebo Duo. The procaps can really dig that deep crud out of the carpet. It also get the pre-spray worked in on the entire fiber.
I have a Procaps and you are right, it is great for ground in dog tracks in living rooms. It has the weight to really get down to the nitty gritty but because of that weight I don't like to lug it in unless I know it is going to save me time over just raking. I usually use a 360i but sometimes even that needs some help.

If I had multi trucks with employees though, I would want something lighter and cheaper on the trucks.

I like this Sebo... only 11 lbs! But it does run $600... anybody know where I can get it cheaper? Besides eBay... already looked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dhLKdl0EKg

matt7

Feb 16, 2011
Alberta
Real Name
Matthew Stephenson
Business Location
United States
I use a 13" floor machine from Canada $750 new with a handle that goes down so in the van the unit is 33" high x 13" wide and weight around 50LBS.
Yeah I have seen those too, I meant full size 17inch when I said $1,700 (which I have 2 of but only use for stripping wax) if I'm going to use a 13inch machine I would rather the Oreck since it is orbital and also uses a brushless motor so is zero maintenance.

bbraman

Oct 7, 2009
ElDorado Hills, CA
Real Name
Robert Braman
Business Location
United States
I use my Kirby with the rotating floor brush for light to medium, 175 for heavy. Kirby works well the brush was 30 bucks

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
I worry about using any type of horizontally rotating brush or pad on resi pile that could cause tip bloom. I could be wrong but I think I remember from IICRC that using such a machine voids most warranties.

Thats why I like the vertically rotating procaps and sebo style scrubbers/encappers.

That said, when using my 360i it is rare to need any more agitation than the quick, light and cheap rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogprocc

Jan 14, 2011
ogprofessionalcarpetrcare.com
Real Name
Robert Garcia 49544
Business Location
United States
A rake, a small hand held brush,a two headed koblenz, a three headed electrolux, a powerbrush, a rotowash r4, a variable speed 175-300, I use them all, it depends on the area to be cleaned. I can't see carrying a hundred lb machine into an upstairs apt, especially in the winter! The one I use the most is the electrolux. It folds in half has three heads and weighs 25 Lbs? The tank makes it easy to deliver a little extra chemical if you need it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
For light to medium soil we use the carpet rake. For heavy to rat nasties we agitate it with the Rotovac brush head and then clean it with the same head.

HappyCleaner

Nov 13, 2010
Real Name
Jamie Pike
Business Location
United States
I rented a host machine for $20.00 and used it with my portable.The job looked alot better with the help of the Host unit. I am buying one this weekend for $300.00 used.

RichGak

Feb 26, 2011
MD
Real Name
Rich Gakavian
Business Location
United States
Try the Windsor Drimatic, It's a powder Cleaning Machine, but it works great great for power aggitation, can be used on steps as well! only $650.00, but requires minor parts replacements every year or so, about $150.00.

Two counter rotating cylindrical brushes easier to use and lighter than a vacuum!

Hratch "Rich" Gakavian
I.I.C.R.C. Certified Master Cleaner and Restorer
301-445-7440
Web Site: www.MCC-Service.com
Email: Info@MCC-Service.com
Owner/ Operator MCC Services;
My Carpet Cleaning Service
Moonlight Carpet Cleaning Service

Professional Services at Reasonable Rates!

Home of the Most Thorough Cleaning Services You Have Ever Seen or it's Free!

Oct 28, 2010
North Island
Real Name
Tim
Business Location
United States
I like the Taski ergodisc 200ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 15 14.39.jpgView attachment Taski ergodisc200.pdf
I ran Truckmounted cleaning systems for around 13 years. Scrubbed pretty much every carpet and got the most brilliant results using a scrubber and charged $5.50Aus per sq m (roughly 10sq feet). I had a reputation for getting good results and had the ACCI qualifications (Equivalent to IIRCRC) to back it up. This machine is so smooth it's like driving a Rolls Royce (Well I imagine - anyway). I put the cleaning solution through the tank Taski offer and put a tap inline to control the flow. Brilliant! Best results I've ever seen.

There are many machines that offer this ability. Have attached a good option from Karcher.

Also useful for encapsulation.

I'd love to hear what you ended up using.

http://www.johnsondiversey.com/NR/r...3-4FF2-BD86-F622D9AF1727/0/PISergodisc200.pdf

Attachments

Steve Jr.

Oct 21, 2008
Brookville, Ohio
Real Name
Steve Aponyi
Business Location
United States
I carry 2 in the van for the real nasty the trusty old 175, and for the lite duty I found this little pullman holt I think its the gloss boss, on the ph website it sells for 200, found mine on craigslist for 60 and got it for 50 brand new and in the box two rotating brush heads it also has a few differnt pads that come with it. It does a good job but its load, and easy enough to carry to the second floor of any house.

fabmast

Mar 7, 2006
Florida
www.fabricmasters.com
Real Name
Harry Edenfield
Business Location
United States
we used unico 17" machine for years.

the cimex is by far the way to go, after you use a pile lifter of course. you can agitate the fibers in both directions. think about that for a second.

my wife can roll it up stairs, but then again she has a 220# dead lift.

the other method mentioned as far as the 360 and using a wand only, my opinion is that these can make the carpet look great when the job is finished, but i question the depth of their method and durability of cleaning for two reasons:

1- typically there will be very minimal agitation prior to the cleaning pass. stains and soil will appear to be remove but will likely reappear because of this lack of agitation. 2- if no preconditioner is applied, the second requirement (agitation being the first) is minimized, and that is dwell time.

as for a tool to apply preconditioner, the cimex cant be beat. we use a steamway mastermatic BTW, that has more heat, and can clean better by virtue of that than many units we see.

http://www.fabricmasters.com/carpetcleaning.html

kevinj61

Jul 26, 2010
Colorado
Real Name
kevin juresich
Business Location
United States
I have both a 175 and 360i with carpet brush head as well as the standard head that comes with the 360i, always have both in truck, depending on the type of carpet and condition of the carpet one of them will get used on almost any job. I use a portable, the mytee M5
I have a heater but find hot tap water works just fine and rarely use the heater. If i didn't have the great agitation provided by the 360i or the 175, then i would use the heater and allow longer dwell time, it's been my experiance that the need for high heat and longer dwell times decrease when using the 175b or 360i w/carpet brush head. I actually went to a apartment complex one time and offered to clean the nastiest carpet they had for FREE just to experiment different methods ( didn't tell them that) so in my opinion 200 plus degree hot water is not really necessary if using 175 or 360i or some other method of powered agitation, 120 or above hot tap water works just fine

kevinj61

Jul 26, 2010
Colorado
Real Name
kevin juresich
Business Location
United States
hey Paul i noticed you have that sprint machine is that made by power flite, they have one thats pretty much identical i think power flite makes that sprint, anyway I was wanting to get one since you have one how do you like it and what do you use it for, if you use it for pre scrub of pre spay does it take it out, have you ever tried it on tile and grout

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
"grandi groome is good but wont dont anything to the carpet in the picture"

Actually you can agitate Berber with the rake, just lay down your chemical and let the agitation fly, now your right about grooming Berber.