Power-Flite Pfx 1300 Vacuums burnt up! Questions. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Power-Flite Pfx 1300 Vacuums burnt up! Questions.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Also I am noticing that there are other 5.7 vacuums set up the same in two stage but they draw more power. Am I correct to say that powrflite used these just to save cash and not having to add the second cord set? Two of these vacuum motors plus a 100psi pump seem like a lot on one cord?

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I have the old motors out already but they don't have any numbers on them. According to the website it states the extractor has two lamb 6474-37 motors Can I replace them with these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/320906893478?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I know they take more power and since this poor machine is a single cord I will go to two cords. No biggie.
Westpak in Cali are selling those. Call and get the spec's otherwise you will not know what you are buying. Those motors that PF is using are they 2 stage or three? Are they set up in parallel or series?

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Westpak in Cali are selling those. Call and get the spec's otherwise you will not know what you are buying. Those motors that PF is using are they 2 stage or three? Are they set up in parallel or series?
Like this.......

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I was hoping to boost the performance :) But honestly don't know much about the vacuum systems.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I was hoping to boost the performance :) But honestly don't know much about the vacuum systems.

Thats an air series set up. What is housing of the unit made of. You would probably be able to use dual 3 stage vacs like the LTD 5 bit in series instead of parallel, it would give you 230"/115 + cfm on dual cords. If you have room you can go a 500 psi Cat pump also.(likely would have to change to hi pressure solution hose also)

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Thats an air series set up. What is housing of the unit made of. You would probably be able to use dual 3 stage vacs like the LTD 5 bit in series instead of parallel, it would give you 230"/115 + cfm on dual cords. If you have room you can go a 500 psi Cat pump also.(likely would have to change to hi pressure solution hose also)
Housing of the vacuum is metal. Is this what you needed to know?

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I have no clue looks like that rotomold stuff . One of my friends has two of the exact replacement motors with 25 hours on them so I just bought them from him, Well actually a beer trade. Instead of upgrading this all up I am saving my pennies up for the Escape :) And run this extractor as a back up. Thanks for all the help John!
Plus while its outta commission I could diamond plate it a little hehehe :) I spotted a spot of rust on the switch panel and that's all the reason I needed.