Powdered carpet fresh | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Powdered carpet fresh

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
I cleaned a commercial glue down poly propylene carpet on Thursday went back on Friday and seen this after carpet dried. Does anybody have any ideas on how to remove or neautralize carpet fresh powder??. I went into the janitors closet and found a case of the carpet fresh and threw it away
20200220_152308.jpg
20200220_152302.jpg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That crap is the worst sht. Its running neck and neck with them flushable wipes for worst products. Crb and vacuum dry is best chance. That stuff can break down a migrate through the smallest cracks. Its a glue down so that may help you. Otherwise it just spreads itself out between the carpet and the pad. It can even get through the pad to the subfloor. I wonder how many vacuums they've ruined using that stuff.

Reactions: carpettom

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
That crap is the worst sht. Its running neck and neck with them flushable wipes for worst products. Crb and vacuum dry is best chance. That stuff can break down a migrate through the smallest cracks. Its a glue down so that may help you. Otherwise it just spreads itself out between the carpet and the pad. It can even get through the pad to the subfloor. I wonder how many vacuums they've ruined using that stuff.
Yes it is, the job turned into a pain in the butt, I'm going back next week with my royal vac and gonna try to rent a crb. I'm not sure what else to do. I've never ran into this in my 30 years

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Honestly this would be the ideal situation for one of those Certified pile brushes. All that agitation with a good vac motor on it.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I've never ran into this in my 30 years
You are lucky. I seem to run into one or two per year. Wait till you see it on residential, you can pull the carpet up and see mounds of the stuff sitting on the padding. Total P.I.T.A.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I actually rented an apartment that the landlord left an area rug in the dining room.

My dog did pee on the rug and when I went to clean the rug I lifted it up and the entire underneath was powder. I sent him a message with a pic and he tried to claim my dog caused the backing of the rug to disintegrate lol!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes it is, the job turned into a pain in the butt, I'm going back next week with my royal vac and gonna try to rent a crb. I'm not sure what else to do. I've never ran into this in my 30 years
If you cant get a crb then just vacuum. Lower the bar and run it in every direction slowly. Its not your fault. The stuff is like flour no worse yet like spackle dust. They purposely spread this bs dust on the carpet thinking its doing them good.
It clogs hepa filters instantly. And in the long run. When its done absorbing odors. It begins to release the odor. And it smells like dirty laundry lol. I kid you not. I find this junk under carpet all the time.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
My wife was a carpet fresh junkie when we got together used it every time she vacuumed, i told her its horrible for her carpet basically dirt that smells good, its banned in our house lol