Poultice for Urine on Hardwood

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Anyone know of any recipes to try and pull those little black stains left on hardwood after urine has sat on it?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ve used a mix of Sally’s 40 volume liquid and diatomaceous earth on stone before. You mix it up to a consistency of peanut butter and then spread it on and cover with plastic. Go back the next day and remove the poultice and clean the wood.

I don’t know what it will do to wood. You might want to try it on a couple square inches in a closet or somewhere inconspicuous. I’d hate to see it pull out or change the color of the wood stain. Put it on and cover and leave it overnight in the test area to make sure it’s not going to harm the wood. Be sure your test area covers at least 2 planks so that a seam between the planks is covered too.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I have seen these used before with peroxide or some other form of bleach. The reaction will depend upon the species of wood, age of wood, condition of the finish and such. But it often lightens the wood. This may still be preferable to the dark stain, but try it out in a small area first.

The real solution is usually screen and refinish.