Post your Rags to Riches story here | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Post your Rags to Riches story here

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Hello, new here my rags to riches story is incomplete, I'm a grad student looking to get into the oil field which is very unstable of late.

I work at a rental center and met a guy who has a janitorial service. He mentioned that he doesn't do carpets but gets lots of requests.

I said, hey if I bought 2 of these used rugdoctors would you pass on your requests to me?

Yes.

So that's what's been happening, I've bought carpet blowers, a nice oreck dual stack for $200, some other sundries and have done several commercial jobs through NSPs (yeah I know) in the last month but I'm working on getting more. I just got a repeating contract with a dental office myself, much more profitable than the NSP gigs, but would love any tips and tricks to acquiring more. Looking to get the rotovac 360 start up package when I have the money and a truck mount later on.
What is "NSP"?

Bill@RRCC

Jun 28, 2015
Real Name
W. White
National service provider or national contractor, like has the contract with say Dick's Sporting goods or Hallmark all across the nation. They kind of suck cause you don't get much but they can also be easy money for smaller jobs too, its a give and take. My first job was a $150 cleaning of a hallmark, took me 3 hours. Didn't cost me much. I was happy and I'd do it again but I'd do it better and faster now.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
William White
If you are thinking about the Rotovac package there is a lot of info on them in this forum.

In my opinion ***which is worth exactly what you pay for it***---with a porty only go 360i. I personally would go with the 15 gallon CFX but many on this board hate them. I would not go with the 5 gallon CFX.

A good wand, light weight 175, and an oreck Orbiter for stairs along with a two cord no heat porty can perform as well for about the price of the rotovac.

I would not buy from Rotovac, I would buy off ebay or craigslist for 40% off. Along about January there are usually several that are for sale.

Bill@RRCC

Jun 28, 2015
Real Name
W. White
Thank you Rick. I did just that. I found a wide track on Craigslist for 1000 and a Nautilus 1200 at a pawn shop for 1000 and a ninja 400 and an evolution wand for 550 on craigslist. I'm on the hunt for a 360i still.

Reactions: Rick Imby