Gregory10

May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Need to bid on a 100 Room final detail post construction for a hotel..If were successful winning the bid, they have ongoing work for us,so,dont want to overbid..Checked out several rooms,Not bad at all other than tiled flooring in bathrooms need a good scrubbing,I have the equipment for it. Vacuum carpets,wipe down any dust on walls,not bad tho,figuring each room should take 40 mins tops to clean? Approx 300 sq ft per room. Plus vacuum hallways,5 floors,2 elevators,1 stairwell sweep up..Im figuring $.20 a square for the rooms,and $.10 a square or less for common area. Suggestions?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Need to bid on a 100 Room final detail post construction for a hotel..If were successful winning the bid, they have ongoing work for us,so,dont want to overbid..Checked out several rooms,Not bad at all other than tiled flooring in bathrooms need a good scrubbing,I have the equipment for it. Vacuum carpets,wipe down any dust on walls,not bad tho,figuring each room should take 40 mins tops to clean? Approx 300 sq ft per room. Plus vacuum hallways,5 floors,2 elevators,1 stairwell sweep up..Im figuring $.20 a square for the rooms,and $.10 a square or less for common area. Suggestions?

You need to find what your cost of doing business is and make enough profit to keep yourself in business.
Most big jobs want cheap and take a long time to pay....
They sound attractive sometimes, specially when the promise of more work is dangled like a carrot on a string.
In reality there’s very little loyalty in these situations, unless you’re the cheapest around!!!
It won’t matter what you quote IF there’s another quote cheaper.

Charge what you charge
No discounts
If they buy great
If not, plenty of fish in the sea brother!!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
besides the information given by corey

Consider this also.

Do not ever think that by you charging less (overbidding) that you will win that customer for life,

I personally believe that you should charge a fair price rather than what you need to survive.
Because a lot of folks do not understand that you are not the business, the business itself has its own identity and although you look after it you are still its employee and you need to get paid but the business needs its own portion.

Remember that if you are certified, have business insurance, bond, license, office rental and a bunch of other expenses then worrying about underbidding is not the best thought.

I would only suggest to price low if you are truly not a professional. but if you are then why wouldnt you be charging a fair price?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
besides the information given by corey

Consider this also.

Do not ever think that by you charging less (overbidding) that you will win that customer for life,

I personally believe that you should charge a fair price rather than what you need to survive.
Because a lot of folks do not understand that you are not the business, the business itself has its own identity and although you look after it you are still its employee and you need to get paid but the business needs its own portion.

Remember that if you are certified, have business insurance, bond, license, office rental and a bunch of other expenses then worrying about underbidding is not the best thought.

I would only suggest to price low if you are truly not a professional. but if you are then why wouldnt you be charging a fair price?

When I said “ to keep yourself in business”
I meant exactly this, well said!!!!!

Reactions: sbsscn

Michaels Redwine

May 6, 2021
Real Name
Michaels Redwine
Hi, what you said is correct, I had a personal experience. I was just searching for a person to clean my small office unit after a lockdown and one of my friends sent guy for cleaning. He took 11/2 days to finish and charged me 2 days' fee and not perfectly cleaned. And after a week i hire a janitorial cleaning services and get cleaned my office and the charges are also affordable.