Post a funny picture!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Post a funny picture!!!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I still have yet to see one of them. They're around. But must not be too many of them.
Typically, you won't see them. They hide in dark places and despite their fearsome reputation, they're quite shy. This one only came out because a big yellow caterpillar blundered into its messy little web and it couldn't pass up a meal that size. I almost felt bad squashing her, but she was hiding underneath the support post on my front porch.

There's a statistic somewhere that says in your entire lifetime, you're typically never less than six feet away from a spider of some sort. This includes when you sleep, when you shower...

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
View attachment 86272View attachment 86273

Had this big beauty spinning a web right across my back door. Watched two little males court her, complete with bringing her wrapped-up "treats", and let the whole drama play itself out before I gently moved her web off to the side so I could use my door.
I hate when they build webs in walk paths. All the bastards that bite here dont make webs though. They just run at you or crawl over you biting for no reason.

Putting tack strip on basement floors the wolf spiders hunt your fingers. You can see their legs peaking out from under baseboards. Thinking they dont realize the size of what they are about to attack. Or that their prey has a 20oz hammer about to come down on them once they dart out from cover lol.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I hate when they build webs in walk paths. All the bastards that bite here dont make webs though. They just run at you or crawl over you biting for no reason.

Putting tack strip on basement floors the wolf spiders hunt your fingers. You can see their legs peaking out from under baseboards. Thinking they dont realize the size of what they are about to attack. Or that their prey has a 20oz hammer about to come down on them once they dart out from cover lol.
Considering it's a wolf spider, I don't think it cares how big you are, lol. Those hairy little boogers are just homicidal. Same with jumping spiders - they give me the creeps because they watch you.

Reactions: keep it clean

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Nope

AquaNet and a lighter for my mini flamethrower and goodbye creepy crawlers lol

View attachment 86272View attachment 86273

Had this big beauty spinning a web right across my back door. Watched two little males court her, complete with bringing her wrapped-up "treats", and let the whole drama play itself out before I gently moved her web off to the side so I could use my door.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Considering it's a wolf spider, I don't think it cares how big you are, lol. Those hairy little boogers are just homicidal. Same with jumping spiders - they give me the creeps because they watch you.
I kicked one once across a warehouse floor. And thousands of little tiny ones scattered off of its back. Looked like a horror movie.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeGaure

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Spiders control many of the insects I hate. No spiders and we would be over-run with insects. I like spiders.
I enjoy them a lot - as evidenced by my documentation of the massive orb weaver in my back yard; I find her beautiful! - but the widows and other highly venomous species alas I cannot abide in parts of my home that people frequent. Especially with a 24-pound dog.

But the boxwoods up front are home to dozens, probably hundreds, of little brown house spiders and I'm perfectly happy to have them there. They control the mosquitos, the beetles, and other less savory characters.

Reactions: Scott W