Premium VIP
Aug 17, 2012
Naples, Fl.
bravocarpetandtilecleaning.com
Real Name
Vito Trupiano
Business Location
United States
you can not let it dry. I used a rotovac with the pad diver and white pad and it will come right out. or tell them to used a green pad and scrub it be hand and mop it up. this is the down side of tilemaster, if it dry's it will leave a film.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
My understanding with tilemaster is you need to rinse really well.
Hazing can be corrected with 175 buffer and white pad. May need to use a product that will correct efflorescence
Oh no, you gotta rinse that stuff like God flooding the earth.

Reactions: likenew89

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
what if it is travertine? the time you "forgot" your jug in my van, I had to polish 600 Sq Ft of travertine for free it dulls it readily. that is why I returned your "forgotten" jug ;):D

I didn't forget that jug of TM. You asked me for one remember. :)

sleepy smurf

Jul 25, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Natalino Smeralda
Hello everyone. The maid called me to say their is a haze, cloudy look on the white tile I cleaned. Pristine house. The tile always looked great. They wanted the grout lines to look cleaner. I used tile master and let it sit for 10 minutes. The maids mopped with clean water but the cloudy areas remain. Did the tile master cause this or was it water drying on the tile and the minerals staining the tile. How can I fix this if it was caused by my cleaning agent ? How can I fix this if it was cause by drying water ?. I'm 1,200 miles away from where I did the job so I can't go by to test solutions to this problem. I'm guessing it is a 5- 10 million dollar home. I've always used tile master and never had a problem. I don't know if I should have been more cautious with white tile.
Sounds like there's soap left on the tiles. Get some hard water and soap scum remover that should take it right off

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
This is house the homeowner uses during the winter months. If I wait a couple months will it be harder to fix. Or should I fly down ASAP to fix this. Two methods were mentioned i75 with white pad or hard water soap scum remover ?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
This is house the homeowner uses during the winter months. If I wait a couple months will it be harder to fix. Or should I fly down ASAP to fix this. Two methods were mentioned i75 with white pad or hard water soap scum remover ?
brother all it needs if you have tile instead of natural stone is redo the job with a neutral cleaner. It will probably be cheaper to find a local guy to go deal with it on your behalf and charge you for it. @tom patnode lives in SD if the house is located there. If you are flying back, stop by my place and sell me my wand. My back up is screaming for replacement.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Lets go fix it for him Johnny. Of course if it is in SD or in the area cuz this guy is always everywhere. Sometimes I wonder when is he going to be posting from my home town. lol
New York, Florida, and California. John gets around.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Do you not know anyone that cleans there? If so much cheaper to pay them than to fly.

Ok maybe I can shed some light. If you go from a cleaner you have to scrub and soak the floor to one that doesn't need scrubbing there is a difference. But not as much as you think,

Method 1
Spray
Scrub edges
scrub with 175 (this is the step we do not have to do 90% of the time. This does more than just scrub lines. This actually gives you a chance to disperse chem evenly keeping everything nice and wet for rinsing. you are looking it over while scrubbing of course. If you see a sticky spot you of course would spray more down.
Rinse
Mop
Dry

Method 2
Spray
Scrub edges
Walk the floor Minus the 175. You still need to do the other things the 175 does. So carry a deck brush to move it around if needed. Or spray more if its absorbing or running into low spots. Any spot that doesn't have a reflection from being wet needs to be addressed. Better if a little puddle is present. you cannot skip this step scrubbing or not scrubbing. disperse any solution. A soft brush is all that is needed. Give it 2 minutes to redissolve.
Rinse
Mop
Dry

Try rinsing your car after letting the soap dry on it. no you go back over it before you rinse wouldn't you.

Every time before you rinse. Look at it close. get down and look to see if any has dried and has no reflection. If so move some over to it or respray. then wait about 2 minutes and rinse. Do this on every tile job. When your scrubbing you look it all over , you spread the chem. So why would this be any different.
And if you do not have heavy rinsing ability maybe that need to be addressed or just clean smaller areas. Or just keep scrubbing with that 175. Makes none to me. But hope I am at least shedding a little light on how to clean tile without scrubbing. you cant just spray and walk to the truck then rinse. You will get callbacks doing this.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Yes you guys are right. The homeowners house is in Florida and im in New York now.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Yes you guys are right. The homeowners house is in Florida and im in New York now.

What city in florida John? WE got lots of TMF guys in Florida who could help out that won't try to poach your crusty. If they did he'd get the sh*t from all of us. We work together here buddy.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
I've had similar problems with TM and it happened to be white porcelain tile as well. I probably let it dwell too long. I did keep it wet the whole time...but it would clean up really nice under my turbo but on the next stroke it would leave a nasty very hard to get up inch wide stripe right were the edge of my turbo had been...no matter how many times I went over it, it would not come up. Finally sprayed it again and let the TM sit for a while and it came up better, not perfectly, but better. John, I've read a lot of your posts. I'm in your old area. If you need some remote help, let me know via pm.

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the help. If this was a one time customer.it would be great to pay someone else and not have it cost me more money and time flying down. But i ve done work for him for around four years. He says he will back anything i do. I dont know if he means financially as well but if im in the area he will provide me work .If someone else does the fix then i look like i had no clue on what i was doing and someone else with more knowledge had to come in and fix the disaster i created. Ithink i will try the hard water soap scum remover by hand. If it doesnt work i will have to use i75 and white pad. But if i start tearing into the white color seal in the grout lines i will then have to do a complete color seal. This house is immaculate with two full time maids. They will never say it looks ok dont worry about it. I have to fix this. I charged $ 510 and i used a mytee water hog, mytee ltd5 turbo hybrid spinner, to set up cllean and break down 5 hours approx 500-700 sf alot of cords and hoses and making sure i did t scratch the floors with quick disconnects

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the help. If this was a one time customer.it would be great to pay someone else and not have it cost me more money and time flying down. But i ve done work for him for around four years. He says he will back anything i do. I dont know if he means financially as well but if im in the area he will provide me work .If someone else does the fix then i look like i had no clue on what i was doing and someone else with more knowledge had to come in and fix the disaster i created. Ithink i will try the hard water soap scum remover by hand. If it doesnt work i will have to use i75 and white pad. But if i start tearing into the white color seal in the grout lines i will then have to do a complete color seal. This house is immaculate with two full time maids. They will never say it looks ok dont worry about it. I have to fix this. I charged $ 510 and i used a mytee water hog, mytee ltd5 turbo hybrid spinner, to set up cllean and break down 5 hours approx 500-700 sf alot of cords and hoses and making sure i did t scratch the floors with quick disconnects
ALWAYS when Color Seal is evident..tell them to EXPECT an Issue! For scratches..go get a Magic Eraser Thang Mr Clean style.

Latest posts