Positive MOT 's in The Cleaning Industry (TMF master list) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Positive MOT 's in The Cleaning Industry (TMF master list)

TheEyeball

Banned
Feb 14, 2012
CA
Real Name
Ross
Business Location
United States
My helper looks really scary so I sneak him in the house when the customers not looking. It can be tough but they'd probably get scared by his tattoos and stuff, lol. Actually the hardest part is getting him out of the house when we're done.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I never say "No Problem" when the custumer asks for something, instead I say "It would be my pleasure". Big difference in these responses. When you say "No Problem" you are letting them know that there could be issues with what they are asking. Try saying "It is my pleasure" when they thank you for your service etc.

I like what your saying. I never say "no problem",I say "I will be glad too". Pleasure thing seems a little too much to me. Just saying.

T

TheEyeball

I like what your saying. I never say "no problem",I say "I will be glad too". Pleasure thing seems a little too much to me. Just saying.

As a joke I used to say "I'd be pleasured". Really creeps everybody out.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Can't argue with you Rob. Thanks for this. "I will be glad too use this" rather than saying no problem! Zig Ziglar a great american motivational speaker and salesman used the pleasure thing so that's how I got it.

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
I often ask them if they have ever had their carpets cleaned before. And then ask them what they liked or didn't like about their past experiences, then you can expound on the positives and make sure you don't repeat any negatives, they may point out something they don't like that you would never know not to do otherwise...

This is something that I have not done, but this sounds like something I should start doing.

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
Exactly, it's brutal the number of "No problem" you get out there. I was at a high end restaurant back last month and all the server could say when you asked for something was "No Problem" The service was impecable, and even at the end when we thanked them for the dinning experience he said "NO Problem". Perhaps tips would be higher for this server if there was more " You're welcome'' "It is our pleasure".

I have become a "no problem" guy. I really don't know how or why I started saying this.

This is something that I will correct in my manner of speaking.

T

TheEyeball

I often ask them if they have ever had their carpets cleaned before. And then ask them what they liked or didn't like about their past experiences, then you can expound on the positives and make sure you don't repeat any negatives, they may point out something they don't like that you would never know not to do otherwise...

This is how I figured out I should stop mooning my customers in appreciation.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Re-edited up to 40 so far and have a lot left to add because we can't keep up. Good problem to have. :D
Keep 'em coming.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I use no problem alot. I will work on that. But no jeans ? Come on Shane ! I hate khakis !

Big no no, unless you live in a small town. In the suburbs its a no

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Always park sideways in front of the house so when the customer hears the doorbell ring and looks outside to see your clean,lettered van.
Then you are standing in front door with a uniform with same logo,colors.

They relax...
when people relax they buy.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Big no no, unless you live in a small town. In the suburbs its a no

Looks like I need to change a couple things, I wear jeans wth a nice light blue button up shirt / uniform with my company name on it.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Heck I show up exactly when I say I will, clean shaven, nice uniform, don't smell like smoke, treat people with respect, and don't rummage through ladies underwear drawers like I saw on an undercover CC sting.

I figured by the example I said above, I am 99% better then most CC'ers.

This is an awesome list though Rob, good post. I am learning somethings from it already.

No Problemo is out of my vocabulary.

steveo1978

Mar 19, 2011
nsw
www.procarpetclean.com.au
Real Name
steven duncan
Business Location
Australia
When I worked for a company we had an employee that got caught smelling ladies undies,

the boss fired him that day.

Unfortunately he was a very got upseller so the boss rehired him a week later him but he

had to go under another name.

Citrasolution

Sep 17, 2011
West Va
Real Name
Curt
Business Location
United States
Leave a magnet and extra business cards.

Ask if they are 100% happy if not what can you do to make it 100%?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Heck I show up exactly when I say I will, clean shaven, nice uniform, don't smell like smoke, treat people with respect, and don't rummage through ladies underwear drawers like I saw on an undercover CC sting.

I figured by the example I said above, I am 99% better then most CC'ers.

This is an awesome list though Rob, good post. I am learning somethings from it already.

No Problemo is out of my vocabulary.

I had a great employee. He was almost the ideal tech. The only problem was that he smoked. Now he was respectful and only smoked out of sight. Problem is he smelled like nicotine. Is thee any way to get rid of that smoke/nicotine smell?

steveo1978

Mar 19, 2011
nsw
www.procarpetclean.com.au
Real Name
steven duncan
Business Location
Australia
:mad:Ask them if you can open a few windows, as most don't do it when you tell them it will
dry quicker if you open the house up.
At least they dont ring 5 hours later and say its still damp, I didnt worry about
opening the windows.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Only Non smokers smell it or notice it more... I stopped few years back now I notice it more and more. I say give him bonus to quit , you like him a lot he likes you and not to offend him , but maybe help him quit.. Win win for both...

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I had a great employee. He was almost the ideal tech. The only problem was that he smoked. Now he was respectful and only smoked out of sight. Problem is he smelled like nicotine. Is thee any way to get rid of that smoke/nicotine smell?

My brother, 22 smokes and you just cant reason with smokers, they need to get it through their head its deadly, costly, and just a horrible habit before they will quit. We didnt talk for 2 years cause I was just so pissed off at him, he was acting like a child in life, and still does. Of course I own a home, a business and many other things, while he works maintainance at an apartment complex, and lives with my mom, just different mindsets.(no offence if your older then 30 and smoke, many of you didnt know how bad it was for you, but my generation knew clearly and have been taught since childbirth)

To get rid of smoke smell, I have an ozone machine that the tech could sit around for 15 minutes, cant be worse then smoking...