Portable that can do carpets & tile?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable that can do carpets & tile??

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is there a portable that can deliver heat, vacuum and psi to do carpets and tile? It used to be if you buy a portable with high psi you give up heat or vacuum. Or if you give up psi you give up heat and vacuum. Does this still hold true?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
If you only have two cords, you only have so many amps. And when you say, "heat" in porty world that means 140 at the wand. Less at the spinner if you are running hard. If you can use 4 or 5 cords and propane you can get whatever you want. But then I dont consider it portable.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah I dont think it exists at this point.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you only have two cords, you only have so many amps. And when you say, "heat" in porty world that means 140 at the wand. Less at the spinner if you are running hard. If you can use 4 or 5 cords and propane you can get whatever you want. But then I dont consider it portable.
We have a member messaging me asking what machine can do it all. At least as close as possible. Any suggestions?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

Vortex light does a pretty decent job of cleaning tile however I like fuel-fired heat I've yet to see anything electric keep up other than induction and there's just not enough carpet cleaners to make it profitable enough to bring an induction heater to market

Reactions: Fedri

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Induction while attractive is to fragile for mobile cleaners. Liquid to liquid heat exchangers are where it's at for mobility. Especially if you can fill them from a TM at 2 bills before plugged in.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Induction while attractive is to fragile for mobile cleaners. Liquid to liquid heat exchangers are where it's at for mobility. Especially if you can fill them from a TM at 2 bills before plugged in.
I found components to make it not fragile but they are insanely expensive. I would have to sell induction heaters at 2 to $3,000 turn profit. Our industry is just too small.
but as for a liquid to liquid heat exchangers those can easily be found and we're pretty darn good especially in a low-pressure situation

AB Pool Heat Exchanger 155kBtu Stainless Steel 316L Same Side Ports 1 1/2" & 1" FPT for 11,900 Gallon for Spa/Solar/Pool Heating

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I found components to make it not fragile but they are insanely expensive. I would have to sell induction heaters at 2 to $3,000 turn profit. Our industry is just too small.
but as for a liquid to liquid heat exchangers those can easily be found and we're pretty darn good especially in a low-pressure situation

AB Pool Heat Exchanger 155kBtu Stainless Steel 316L Same Side Ports 1 1/2" & 1" FPT for 11,900 Gallon for Spa/Solar/Pool Heating
I've also considered purchasing one and seeing just how much pressure they can actually handle lol

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

On demand is a mistake, harvesting vac motor exhaust and slowing filling the freshwater tank to be heated by alternative means will yield high flow output. 300k minimum has the ft² heat exchange wise to make it viable. Then run this preheated water through the final exchanger. That's where it's at for a spinner.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond

Vortex light does a pretty decent job of cleaning tile however I like fuel-fired heat I've yet to see anything electric keep up other than induction and there's just not enough carpet cleaners to make it profitable enough to bring an induction heater to market
At the speeds shown in the video a 1200 sq ft job would take 2 days.

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
Mytee m-12 i have 2 of them from when i started out. They dont make them anymore. Mine still work i use them when TM brakes

Reactions: Dry Cleaner