Portable Preassure Stuck! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable Preassure Stuck!

Bigfoot001

Jan 25, 2020
Real Name
Quinton Smith
HI Guys,

All the way from Australia Perth here. I have bought a second hand Kango 1200max portable machine.

The problem is that the machine does not release the preasure. I can turn it on and then turn up the preassure but the preassure will not come down unless I realease the preasure at the wond end. If I forget to or do not place the conection in to the machine properly then the preassure will be high and not allow me to plug anything in. The preasure will not come down when I turn the preasure gaudge down it simply stays at the hightest point untill released at the wond end.

This morning the machine's preassure guadge is jumping up. So when I turn the preassure up it makes a slight sucking noise then jumps up a few psi climming in a jumpy way rather then gradual? There are no bubles in the tank.

I have 2 questions:

1. What is it that is meant to release the preasure in the machine?
2. What could the problem be?

Please Help

Regards
Quinton

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
The gauge is not 100% live reading at all times

The gauge will only read the correct pressure after the trigger has been pressed

Just have to get used to that

Releasing the pressure means
After you have finished cleaning turn off machine and disconnect cords

Then before removing water line press the trigger on your wand

This releases the pressure in the system and makes it easier to disconnect the water line
This is for the Kanga 1600psi same machine as yours
Yours just goes to 1200psi

If you need anything reach out to Tam at steammaster

Watch the whole thing it explains the releasing pressure etc

Bigfoot001

Jan 25, 2020
Real Name
Quinton Smith
Wow, I think you are right.

This is a little diffrent to what I am use to. Previous machine I have used dropes the preassure back to zero once the machine is off but it is a diffrent make. It was a whyte.

Any Idea what the one has that the Kango does not that makes it go back to zero on the preasure once it is off. The danger here is that if you dont clip the conector in or some how dont clip it in all the way it is in then crank up the preassure there is no way to get it back down again and you cant plug anything in because of the preasure?

If this is how it is meant to be then in my book its a very flawed design?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I think I am too
The pressure will dial up and down no problem you just have to trigger the wand and double check the gauge to make sure you are operating at the pressure you want
Simple

When packing up from a job you need to release the pressure by triggering the wand in the system to disconnect the water line anyways
If you do not do this it’s difficult to disconnect the water, sometimes you cannot disconnect at all and must trigger so....

You can always keep a male connector and connect it to your machines female connector while not in use
This will bleed pressure and leak water between jobs
Or you could fit a T piece and a ball valve to release pressure, like a courtesy hose, however none of this is needed, because you have a trigger in your wand

SO

When finished cleaning
Just turn off machine pump switch
Then trigger wand to bleed pressure
Then disconnect water line from machine
SIMPLE, SORTED & DONE

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The gauge is not 100% live reading at all times

The gauge will only read the correct pressure after the trigger has been pressed

Just have to get used to that

Releasing the pressure means
After you have finished cleaning turn off machine and disconnect cords

Then before removing water line press the trigger on your wand

This releases the pressure in the system and makes it easier to disconnect the water line
This is for the Kanga 1600psi same machine as yours
Yours just goes to 1200psi

If you need anything reach out to Tam at steammaster

Watch the whole thing it explains the releasing pressure etc

You know I love the booster port flap, it's brilliant!

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I almost burst out laughing when I was interviewing at a cleaning company and they showed me their Ninja portables. The one truckmount they had was only running at 5 inches lift due to poor maintenance.

Owner kept telling me how "lazy" all the previous carpet cleaners were he had hired and they always bited about the equipment

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I almost burst out laughing when I was interviewing at a cleaning company and they showed me their Ninja portables. The one truckmount they had was only running at 5 inches lift due to poor maintenance.

Owner kept telling me how "lazy" all the previous carpet cleaners were he had hired and they always bited about the equipment
Sounds like thats the owners problem. Stop hiring sht heads. And get off his ass. Maintain his own equipment and train the helpers.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You cant fix those people. They really do think everyone else is at fault but themselves.

Anytime I hear an owner or manager refer to their employees as lazy, I've come to realize that's actually a LAZY reason. They dont want to do the real work to figure out why their people aren't motivated or invested in the success of the company or themselves.

Bigfoot001

Jan 25, 2020
Real Name
Quinton Smith
So if I use a Regulator is would not need me to release the pressure?

The bigest frustration is I was at a job and did not plug in the connector properly. The machines psi went up to the 1000 psi I needed for the tile job. Then I relized it was not conected so there I was stuck with a machine that I could not release the 1000psi!

Resulting in having to find a spanner to undo the connector. This is the same solution offered by the supplier.

If I install a regulator would this still be the case or would the preassure drop to zero after machine is turned off? Are there any big cones for swapping an unloader for a regulator?

Bigfoot001

Jan 25, 2020
Real Name
Quinton Smith
I am thinking about installing a preassure releasing system. This is all new to me but I enjoy fuigering it out so any heads up would be good.

What kind of valve would be good to use as a preassure relaese? Most open close valves I have found only go up to 1200psi. The machine is only rated to that witch is more then adequate for what i need but if somthing would be better then the tap preassure release valve when I would like to look at it as an option?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol get a ball valve. Or pull trigger while putting qd on so its not as bad. But a simple ball valve is what you need.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I am thinking about installing a preassure releasing system. This is all new to me but I enjoy fuigering it out so any heads up would be good.

What kind of valve would be good to use as a preassure relaese? Most open close valves I have found only go up to 1200psi. The machine is only rated to that witch is more then adequate for what i need but if somthing would be better then the tap preassure release valve when I would like to look at it as an option?
A ss 1000 psi ball will do fine. I used one on a 1200 psi pump. Still after closing valve pull the trigger on tool to releave whats in it. Then swap tools. Turn valve back on and go.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
So if I use a Regulator is would not need me to release the pressure?

The bigest frustration is I was at a job and did not plug in the connector properly. The machines psi went up to the 1000 psi I needed for the tile job. Then I relized it was not conected so there I was stuck with a machine that I could not release the 1000psi!

Resulting in having to find a spanner to undo the connector. This is the same solution offered by the supplier.

If I install a regulator would this still be the case or would the preassure drop to zero after machine is turned off? Are there any big cones for swapping an unloader for a regulator?

Don’t confuse yourself about regulator/unloader!!!!!

Yes you should carry tools

Vise grip locking pliers x2 just in case things break or you stuff up

A spare bare connector to push/tap in will release.

If you don’t release the pressure you will make it hard for yourself

Just Don’t forget!!!!!

Last edited:

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Don’t confuse yourself about regulator/unloader!!!!!

Yes you should carry tools

Vise grip locking pliers x2 just in case things break or you stuff up

A spare bare connector to push/tap in will release.

If you don’t release the pressure you will make it hard for yourself

Just Don’t forget!!!!!
Yes sir. Definitely should carry an open qd. This can also quickly remove them pain in ass air bubbles making priming easier.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Vince

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Vincent E. Epps
Business Location
Ecuador
I own a Nautilus MX3-1200. I disconnected my HyroForce pre-sprayer and now my pressure lines are stuck and won't release. How do I remedy this?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
When you say "stuck" what do you mean exactly? Like full of pressure? Try pressing the male end into a hard surface (like a sidewalk or driveway) to release the pressure.

Vince

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Vincent E. Epps
Business Location
Ecuador
Thank you. That is exactly what I was referring to. Got it figured out and finished the job. Thanks again.