Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You are hilarious!!
This is obviously a conspiracy!!!
Ive built a couple. We dont have those fill valves like you posted here. Ours are plumbed from bottom. I did have to though buy an adapter from an aussie on ebay. 7/8 or some wierd shit like that so it could be adapted to 3/4 hose. But shitter valves work just fine. And when they crap out they give suttle warnings. Bonus is hardware stores have thousands of them. So it can be replaced without tools in homers parking lot. Sorry lowes parking lot. Fk homedepot. Stupid covid rules.

Another pretty solid fill valve is a Hudson. Still about 15 bucks at tsc. Its already set up for 3/4 pipe thread. They use these for pressure washer tanks and to fill troughs for cattle. They take away at least 7" of your tanks capacity to work.

The down side is chem. If you like mixing chem then you need to get creative.

RocketMan

May 2, 2020
Real Name
RT
I am now facing the same choice. MyTee or Nautilus...
Guys, what do you think - When a client lives on the 3rd floor of the apartment can I leave one of them on the 1st floor (it’s harder to me to lift it), will MyTee or Nautilus be enough suction power? Or will it be necessary to buy airhog?

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
You want to try and keep it at 50 ft or less in hose. I have used 100 ft on the Nautilis and the Mytee and was able to clean, but the suction clearly suffers.

Mytee is much easier to dolly upstairs.
Did you use the LX motors in the Mytee you spoke of in your comments?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes, I bought a Mytee Vortex Lite 1,200 PSI with 2 dual stage LX motors in February of this year.

It gets great suction, still loses a good 20% I'd say (anecdotally not tested with CFM) when running 100 ft of hose. Still performs very well and I'd take it over any Ninja, Prospector, Sandia etc

Reactions: jarre

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Yes, I bought a Mytee Vortex Lite 1,200 PSI with 2 dual stage LX motors in February of this year.

It gets great suction, still loses a good 20% I'd say (anecdotally not tested with CFM) when running 100 ft of hose. Still performs very well and I'd take it over any Ninja, Prospector, Sandia etc
Cfm is always effected by the length of hose as the hose creates its own resistance to the air movement. If you compare it to any of the portable competition that use different vac motors the LX are superior performance. Outing a vacuum gauge in the wand head reveals this fact. Mytee does not put a 1200 psi pump in the vortex unit. Perhaps someone modified it.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I think Vortex still has 1.5” stack. The Airhog and Escape are 2”.
Escapes do not have stacks. We do use 1.5” pvc on both the AirHog and Breeze or Vortex. However we measure the cfm out side the unit. It measure 225-250 cfm and consistently outperforms other vacuum performance Our testing confirms that any performance difference between 1.5” and 2” in this area is inconsequential.

jarre

Dec 11, 2020
Real Name
juan arreola

It is 1200 psi or 800 psi?

October33

Mar 11, 2021
Real Name
Dylan Kerton
I have personally used the Nautilus 1200 and the Mytee Vortex Lite. I've also used Sandia Snipers, Ninjas, etc, the quality between a Nautilus vs Myee is minimal - I'd say the Nautilus is probably better built and a little more functionality. Bigger and harder to move around compared to the Mytee.

I have no experience with the Jaguar.
I was wondering if you might be able to suggest a portable that I can run with one cord for doing apartment buildings with and two cords for cleaning homes with. Just looking into starting out and have only ever had experience with the ninja classic 94 cfm /150 water lift and a truck mount. So with trying to maintain a low cost for start up I will be getting a crb and a portable for cleaning, am having troubles settling on a portable. Is there any suggestions or helpful tips you might have? Please and thank you.

October33

Mar 11, 2021
Real Name
Dylan Kerton
I don't think I've ever used a 1 plug portable, not enough juice to be effective (think of like a Bissell machine)
The problem out here is our outlets are 15amp with 120 volts, and in some of the apartments, there is only one circuit for the hallways. I'm thinking of either going with a ninja classic or a warrior because I can find them with one power cord. I'll be using either of those for the basic hallways and looking at buying a booster for when I clean people's homes. What are your thoughts?