Portable Decisions | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable Decisions

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
Looking at 2 different machines currently. Mytee LTD3 Speedster and Nautilus MX3-500H. Thoughts and opinions please. The Nautilus is sold locally i found out, so that gives a push, but i think the auto fill and pump out would be needed.
I will be using the machine to do my own house carpets, plus vehicles, boat and camper. Possibly starting into business of doing boats and campers. Campers i would be going to their site, boats i would have come to me. Garage has hot and cold water, no floor drain.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My advice is get a model that does NOT have a heater built in. This way you get a model that has upgraded vacuum motors (stage 3 or LX motors will give you much better cleaning and drying times) - also boats/campers you most likely won't need a pump out feature as you will probably only end up dumping once or twice throughout the process.

I think you could do well with either a Mytee Vortex Lite or the Nautilus 1200 - both machines have auto-fill and auto-pump out so you can use those features if needed.

If you need added heat, you can always buy a Little Giant or a Mytee electric heater. With the chemicals on the market nowadays heat is not as priority as it used to be, and it's one less component inside your machine to deal with. It's also my experience that machines with built in heaters tend to break down more often and trip more circuit breakers.

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
My advice is get a model that does NOT have a heater built in. This way you get a model that has upgraded vacuum motors (stage 3 or LX motors will give you much better cleaning and drying times) - also boats/campers you most likely won't need a pump out feature as you will probably only end up dumping once or twice throughout the process.

I think you could do well with either a Mytee Vortex Lite or the Nautilus 1200 - both machines have auto-fill and auto-pump out so you can use those features if needed.

If you need added heat, you can always buy a Little Giant or a Mytee electric heater. With the chemicals on the market nowadays heat is not as priority as it used to be, and it's one less component inside your machine to deal with. It's also my experience that machines with built in heaters tend to break down more often and trip more circuit breakers.
Thank you for your reply. I will check those out. i do like the nautilus vacuum configuration of ability to switch series or parallel if needed. not sure how much a person would need to switch though

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It is useful in some cases, when cleaning carpet, upholstery you will generally want to run in series as you will get higher lift, while tile cleaning you would want parallel - this little anecdote makes it easier to understand.

Lift is how "readily" the water is able to be recovered from the surface - CFM is how quickly the water travels through the hose back to the waste tank.

Parallel has more lift and CFM where there is little restriction into the vacuum system. Series has more CFM and lift where you have more restriction into the vacuum system (generally 3/4" or less)

Reactions: JRH

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It is useful in some cases, when cleaning carpet, upholstery you will generally want to run in series as you will get higher lift, while tile cleaning you would want parallel - this little anecdote makes it easier to understand.

Lift is how "readily" the water is able to be recovered from the surface - CFM is how quickly the water travels through the hose back to the waste tank.

Parallel has more lift and CFM where there is little restriction into the vacuum system. Series has more CFM and lift where you have more restriction into the vacuum system (generally 3/4" or less)
Backwards.
Parallel more cfm
Series more lift

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Series has more CFM when wand is on wet carpet or fabrics sucking air through the dense fabrics..
Parallel has more CFM when your just sucking water off a stone or hard floor.

• Haha
Reactions: John LaBarbera

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
auto fill you can make yourself for around 15 dollars, not rocket surgery

• Wow
Reactions: CCWorks

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
auto fill you can make yourself for around 15 dollars, not rocket surgery
Thanks Odin. What about the auto dump? i am just thinking when i do my house these features would be very beneficial. Some say you have to drag 2 more hoses around. Its tough deciding what to buy. I hate buying twice because failed research.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
If you want to do bucket brigade, find a machine with a large tank.

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
If you want to do bucket brigade, find a machine with a large tank.
12 gallon is on the Nautilus. Biggest reason for this one is it is local. not many places sell them here evidently:( The heater sounds like it is overrated to have, your thoughts? I appreciate everyone's input

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Thanks Odin. What about the auto dump? i am just thinking when i do my house these features would be very beneficial. Some say you have to drag 2 more hoses around. Its tough deciding what to buy. I hate buying twice because failed research.
the auto-fill is a big help but the auto pump out not so much work with the machine see what your needs are then you can make up-grades

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well the Nautilus is going to have both already installed unless you get the heater

1Fastskeeter

Apr 20, 2020
Real Name
Bruce Dintelman
Well the Nautilus is going to have both already installed unless you get the heater
The machine they have has the heater not auto fill or dump. i will get a quote for a machine without the heater and has the features. i am starting to worry about the 2 circuits , how common do you trip breakers and such. The Jaguar cub has a nice price and seems like good components. read a few reviews that rave about it others that claim it leaks. Who knows . tough decisions

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I have personally used the Nautilus 1200 and the Mytee Vortex Lite. I've also used Sandia Snipers, Ninjas, etc, the quality between a Nautilus vs Myee is minimal - I'd say the Nautilus is probably better built and a little more functionality. Bigger and harder to move around compared to the Mytee.

I have no experience with the Jaguar.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I would not mess with a Do it your self Auto fill. If you have no idea what your doing, you can have major problems. And 15 bucks aint going to make any kind of a good AF when your using 140 degree tap water, you can not even buy a good hose for 15.00 bucks. If you have no idea the work it takes to make a safe autofill. buy pre installed.

Auto dump, that will cost at least 100.00 for hardware and pump. if you know how to make things.

my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: Spazznout

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I would not mess with a Do it your self Auto fill. If you have no idea what your doing, you can have major problems. And 15 bucks aint going to make any kind of a good AF when your using 140 degree tap water, you can not even buy a good hose for 15.00 bucks. If you have no idea the work it takes to make a safe autofill. buy pre installed.

Auto dump, that will cost at least 100.00 for hardware and pump. if you know how to make things.

my opinion
When was the last time you made $15 actually cleaning carpet

Reactions: keep it clean

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States

my opinion
Damn Bros...........every once in a while you lay down a gold nugget.

This is spot on. Exactly correct.

Trying to save 100 bucks today could/will cost you a whole lot more when the part fails or you install something incorrectly.

Its kinda like driving with no insurance just to "save" a few bucks.

Triping over your feet to grab at pennies while dollars are flying over your head.

Reactions: CCWorks

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Damn Bros...........every once in a while you lay down a gold nugget.

This is spot on. Exactly correct.

Trying to save 100 bucks today could/will cost you a whole lot more when the part fails or you install something incorrectly.

Its kinda like driving with no insurance just to "save" a few bucks.

Triping over your feet to grab at pennies while dollars are flying over your head.
You are hilarious!!
This is obviously a conspiracy!!!