Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings?

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
See, what you've done @goomer, you gave me more suction power and I'm making you proud. Remember saying? " Luky, how much more fookin suck do you need?"
I'm getting close, my friend, I'm getting close.....

Now if I can only get you to start scrubbing these jobs with a 175 and red pad before extracting.

200 sq ft at a time......Nuke, scrub, flush with a little emulsifying rinse kicker, and move on.

Less dwell time, faster and more effective flush strokes, better results, every time.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

Now if I can only get you to start scrubbing these jobs with a 175 and red pad before extracting.

200 sq ft at a time......Nuke, scrub, flush with a little emulsifying rinse kicker, and move on.

Less dwell time, faster and more effective flush strokes, better results, every time.
As always, you have keen eye for detail and problem solving advice.
No doubt. But , if you remember I gave up my Tornado scrubber about 5 summers ago and only 175 I'm using are my 2 Orbiters. Maybe, I'll ask my boss for higher allowances and buy me something heavier. Guy on Craigslist is trying to sell 2 Cimex machines for almost 6 monhts, so....
I've posted recently that this particular carpet was gutted out, but guess what, it don't matter, it'll look about the same in 2 months. I'm on winning streak when comes to carpeting in corporate bound locations and Im getting slowly, but surely tile jobs, hardwood and upholstery in most of the locations. I had even gotten a few suggestions from members how to get it. For those, who dealt with corporate sharks, it's obvious that this is not a simple task. Once GM's quarterly plan allocation of resources, I try to" kill "them with kindness to get them on my side in order to help them. While overall appearance of the establishment is very important and can spiral in downfall, bottom line can vary in each and every location.
Patience is my virtue. I work individually with managers, who have a real interest in growth of the company( perhaps they see themselves higher in corporate ladder) and I show them a little improvements for not too crazy initial charge. After that I'm patiently waiting for a feedback: " Mario, we've seen a higher turnaround in the areas wherr you cleaned king chairs, why don't you continue in beautifying rest of the booths.
I do apologize for a monologue, I thought I share my MO to give an idea for guys, who might be in similar position. You can be confident, you can be cocky, but if you can make friends with staff and show a little compassion with their own personal agendas, they will become your allies and make your life easier by making place cleaner for you.
So @goomer, would you recommend T rex, is not as heavy and has a scrubbing power, while it sucks. What do you say, don't make me get a 100lb monster. You've seen my van... I'll be waiting for your word...

Attachments

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I've scrubbed Grease Eraser then R&E. Came out great. What degreaser do you use, Jeff?
restoration degreaser cobbs,
namcos degreaser
jon dons degreasers
mamma fen sold me some red degreaser that was mucho gusto strong
scrubs so much easier and you can add rub alcohol and delime what ever you like

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
As always, you have keen eye for detail and problem solving advice.
No doubt. But , if you remember I gave up my Tornado scrubber about 5 summers ago and only 175 I'm using are my 2 Orbiters. Maybe, I'll ask my boss for higher allowances and buy me something heavier. Guy on Craigslist is trying to sell 2 Cimex machines for almost 6 monhts, so....
I've posted recently that this particular carpet was gutted out, but guess what, it don't matter, it'll look about the same in 2 months. I'm on winning streak when comes to carpeting in corporate bound locations and Im getting slowly, but surely tile jobs, hardwood and upholstery in most of the locations. I had even gotten a few suggestions from members how to get it. For those, who dealt with corporate sharks, it's obvious that this is not a simple task. Once GM's quarterly plan allocation of resources, I try to" kill "them with kindness to get them on my side in order to help them. While overall appearance of the establishment is very important and can spiral in downfall, bottom line can vary in each and every location.
Patience is my virtue. I work individually with managers, who have a real interest in growth of the company( perhaps they see themselves higher in corporate ladder) and I show them a little improvements for not too crazy initial charge. After that I'm patiently waiting for a feedback: " Mario, we've seen a higher turnaround in the areas wherr you cleaned king chairs, why don't you continue in beautifying rest of the booths.
I do apologize for a monologue, I thought I share my MO to give an idea for guys, who might be in similar position. You can be confident, you can be cocky, but if you can make friends with staff and show a little compassion with their own personal agendas, they will become your allies and make your life easier by making place cleaner for you.
So @goomer, would you recommend T rex, is not as heavy and has a scrubbing power, while it sucks. What do you say, don't make me get a 100lb monster. You've seen my van... I'll be waiting for your word...
GTfookOH.................such a place exists?

A place where restaurants agree to such frequent cleaning schedules?.......A place where Corporate management is serious about carpet and hard surface maintenance?........... A place where employees are actually willing to help to prep the location according to your needs, and actually carry through with it?

I always thought such a place only existed in fantasy.

Luky SOB you are.

I am a believer that a 175 with a good assortment of scrub pads, brushes, and absorbent pads is an essential piece of equipment that every cleaner should have regardless of if they are running a porty or a TM.

Yes they are heavy, but that is what makes them so effective.

Most versatile tool any cleaner can own.

175 first, then play with a RE if you choose.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
On those really bad jobs I'm so lazy I will scrub over on with a floor machine and then rinse them out with a what's an RX 20 I don't have to pick up a thing I have a ramp. And if I start whistlin Dixie where I live I will probably end up murdered

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
You are correct, my comment to him was you or jon don, could point him to degreasers that most people never even consider... That stuff you sent me for cleaning blinds was super strong, I used it prespray a horrible garage floor and it cleaned it up like brand new concrete...…..

Speaking of Concrete Miss Mama , what do you have to clean stained concrete that wont hurt the stain,,,, and do you have a matte finish acrylic to go with it.... water based.
I'd say go with any neutral cleaner of your choice, and add a dash of your favorite degreaser only if necessary. It's your pads that will do most of the work on concrete.

As for finish - matte? Alas, no. Everything I have as far as acrylics gives a shine. You could look at something like Quad Sealer, which is a sealing finish designed for concrete.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I'd say go with any neutral cleaner of your choice, and add a dash of your favorite degreaser only if necessary. It's your pads that will do most of the work on concrete.

As for finish - matte? Alas, no. Everything I have as far as acrylics gives a shine. You could look at something like Quad Sealer, which is a sealing finish designed for concrete.
water based

Royce 22

Nov 19, 2018
Real Name
Roy payne
Thats what happens when people make comments about machines they haven't used ... its not about the actual weight on paper .... but how a machine rolls , handles its weight , the tipping point as you load it into the van etc ....
I just couldn't let you have a pass here.

Arent you the same guy over in the Jaguar/FOAM thread making comments about the Jaguar 8.4 while admitting to never using one?

YOU lose credibility here my man!

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Great comment, Royce. And, very true, although he will spew that "he really has" (!!) Irregardless, IMHO, these boards are not the place to continue to criticize over and over again, others who are trying to help because once you strip all the gold , all you'll have left will be rocks and dirt.

The truth of the matter is This guy (real name in Ireland: Jim Martin) takes his energy and enjoyment from criticizing our equipment because of two aspects: He moves from "this supplier (machine)-to-that one, and so on" and thus aligned to one or another. And, second, he truly hates the UK Supplier who is the largest distributor of the Cross-American equipment in Europe (and his country as well!) , and he has even been banned from the CLEANTALK bb (the largest and best know in Europe) because of upsetting the participants with his adjenda ans BS. Too bad he doesn't look in the mirror because he could possibly be a good guy.

Now, I am sure he will immediately respond with his ridiculous objections as in the past, because we have always been in his cross hairs.

Thanks again for recognizing that.

Last edited: