Portable Carpet Extractor With Highest Lift Ratings?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Canadian

Oct 17, 2018
Real Name
Eric Courtois
Hello Everyone,

From what I've read... the Nautilus MXE currently has the highest lift ratings amongst portable carpet extractors.

Can anyone or does any one know if there is a portable carpet extractor that has higher lift ratings?

Thank You

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hello Everyone,

From what I've read... the Nautilus MXE currently has the highest lift ratings amongst portable carpet extractors.

Can anyone or does any one know if there is a portable carpet extractor that has higher lift ratings?

Thank You
My friend there are 2 numbers with extraction, one is the lift and the other one is the cfm(air flow). Lift is the water lift from the carpet to the wand, cfm is the flow of the water from the wand to the waist tank. There are 2 vacuum set ups, one is in series will give high lift but low cfm, the other one parallel set up and this will give low lift and high cfm. Most of us here will have different opinions but my opinion based on my testing, having the vacs in parallel will produce high cfm and will leave the carpet drier then the series set up. Also having higher cfm will give you longer hose runs in 2" diameter.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Another important thing to note:

LIFT pulls liquid water from the carpet and causes the carpet to reach dry standard (total moisture content) faster. The carpet may feel damp to the touch, because lift does not do as well at evaporating water from a liquid state into a gas. However the carpet will be drier overall because less water is present deep in the carpet.

HIGH CFMs evaporate the water at the surface of the fibers and makes the carpet feel drier to the touch, while not getting as much of the liquid water from further down the fibers. This carpet will "feel" dry but still be damp (above dry standard) underneath for a longer period of time.

Lift and CFMs also have a see-saw effect - in any given system, as lift increases, CFMs go down and vice-versa. Think kid with a Coke bottle on his mouth - if he sucks all the air out and gets the bottle stuck to his lips, he has reached maximum lift but no CFMs. If he blows across the top to make it whistle, he has maximum CFMs but no lift.

A good carpet cleaner is aware of the function of both CFMs and lift and maintains a balance between them.

Canadian

Oct 17, 2018
Real Name
Eric Courtois
Thanks for the 2 responses thus far regarding "Lift" and "CFM". As much as both subjects are very interesting in their own right... I am still wondering if anyone knows if there is a portable carpet extractor that has higher lift ratings than the Nautilus MXE?

Again, thanks.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Thanks for the 2 responses thus far regarding "Lift" and "CFM". As much as both subjects are very interesting in their own right... I am still wondering if anyone knows if there is a portable carpet extractor that has higher lift ratings than the Nautilus MXE?

Again, thanks.
Check out the new mytee machines with the new LX 6.6 vacs in series which produces high lift and a high cfm which all other vac motors lacks from. Having both worlds is the best balance.
www.mytee.com

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Look in the Nautilus, Jaguar 8.4, Clean Storms Goliath, or Mytee ETM
Each had their own pros and cons. I think everyone is saying that there’s a lot more to consider then just lift. If you got max lift and no life expectancy is that good? All the above are serious machines. Each has Pros and Cons. Each has its supporters. I never used any of the above, but have a 8.4 in transit to me now. I’ve read some quality issues on the Nautilus here on TMF from some reliable sources but also read they were able to get them taken care of. The 8.4 and Mytee ETM has its hardcore supporters and both units seems like problems are very unlikely.

Should start by asking what are you actually going to be doing with the machine?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Lift can be measured at the machine or at the end of a certain length of hose or at the wand, etc. So different measurements for different situations.

I do not know of any machine using two circuits that has more lift. Those that have greater lift require more circuits to get the power or a generator or other power source.

Nov 9, 2018
North Bergen
Real Name
Poul
I like the M-5 except for the Velcro waste tank filter system and the auto dump pump. The supplied filter bag is a joke but can easily be replaced with a draw string style for just a few dollars more. The auto dump pump is only for cleaning and will never handle water extraction work. The M-5 with heat is three power cords. The 6 stages of vacuum will handle 75 ft of hose if you use 1.5" hose and 150 ft with 2" hose. Why do they add auto fill and dump in such a large machine? If it is auto fill and dump, why not stick these features in a smaller body style? Their is nothing wrong with this machine, these are just some things I have noticed. The 500 psi pump will clean carpet at 250 psi and only rinse tile (not clean tile - please note the difference) You mention cleaning over 100 ft and more suction, then please look at the Goliath extractor. This machine is 8 stages of vacuum and uses a 20 gallon per minute stainless steel auto dump pump so it can handle flood restoration. Couple this with a 1200 psi pump and you will can clean tile and air ducts too. The system comes with or without heat and if you want heat you can have electric or diesel (preferred). The electric heated system is 4 power cords and the diesel system is only 3 power cords. When you run diesel you can use heat all the way up to 1200 psi, while the electric heater is only rated for 500 psi. For example the vacuum and auto dump system is currently on sale for $1799 and the 1200 psi pump and diesel burner is another $1799. From here you need to add the hoses and tools you want. With any 3 and 4 power cord extractors, please consider the 220 volt electric dryer plug converters that prevent you hunting down different circuit breakers.
The Bentley wand cannot be run with the M-5. The water pump is too small. I will operate on the Goliath system. I also would be afraid to try to pick up that much water with only 6 stages of vacuum.
By the way Mal-Odorcide does work well but it is only $59 a gallon - not $95.
A lot of people like to clean urine spots with KnockOut Urine pretreatment. Rinse with Flush, then post apply Odor Bugs enzyme deoderizer. For regular cleaning, prespray with Powerhouse mixed with a little Kyrponite. Scrub and then rinse with a little Flush. If you any spots to deal with, just put a couple of drops of Dry Cleaner on them and re-rinse. 95% of the time the Dry Cleaner takes it out.
Steam Brite does offer financing. Right now we have a 7.9% rate for 60 months with a 1% origination fee. Your payment is 2% of what your loan is. For example a $5000 loan is $100 a month.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
I am still wondering if anyone knows if there is a portable carpet extractor that has higher lift ratings than the Nautilus MXE?

No, no machine has higher lift ratings than the MXE, but a Jag 8.4 should have the same lift using the same motors.

Try not to focus on lift alone, but more the balance of lift, sustained lift, and cfm of a system.

Vac/flow specs are obviously key factors when choosing a machine, but there are many other things to consider when choosing a unit.

Weight is one of them.

Nautilus is 160 fooking lbs.

Not for the timid.

Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
No, no machine has higher lift ratings than the MXE, but a Jag 8.4 should have the same lift using the same motors.

Try not to focus on lift alone, but more the balance of lift, sustained lift, and cfm of a system.

Vac/flow specs are obviously key factors when choosing a machine, but there are many other things to consider when choosing a unit.

Weight is one of them.

Nautilus is 160 fooking lbs.

Not for the timid.
i didnt know it was 160 lbs, but its not that heavy to work with.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
When I measured the Lift of Nautilus Xtreme at the port before attaching hose, lift was 9.5 inches while in series. Parallel it dropped to 5
either your gauge is off/broken ... or you have one vac not working or you are setting the ports in the wrong position ...somethings not right anyway .