Portable and truckmount in same van | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Portable and truckmount in same van

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Who carries a portable in their van with a truckmount?
I am thinking of rearranging things in my van to be able to carry a portable every day. Currently my Nautilus doesn’t fit. I am thinking of getting a belly fresh water tank to go under the truckmount and get rid of the over the wheelwell tank to make more room in the van and possibly get a smaller but good portable.
Thoughts?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I bought a portable February 2019.

I've used it about seven times since I bought it. For my market it's rare I need it

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez

I've used it about seven times since I bought it. For my market it's rare I need it

I do use my portable quite a lot. Thing is I currently have to use a dedicated transit connect van for hauling it. If I am able to haul it in the same van as my truckmount then I could get rid of the transit connect.

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez

Do you carry your portable in the same van with your truckmount?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Who carries a portable in their van with a truckmount?
I am thinking of rearranging things in my van to be able to carry a portable every day. Currently my Nautilus doesn’t fit. I am thinking of getting a belly fresh water tank to go under the truckmount and get rid of the over the wheelwell tank to make more room in the van and possibly get a smaller but good portable.
Thoughts?
Just get a smaller portable if you don't use it that much. The mytee combo is pretty small.

We have portables but they never come out on the trucks, if its tough access we encap... if its tough access and there's bad urine I'll move on to the next job and tell them to replace or call someone else. Doesnt bother me, I hate tough parking and elevator jobs.

Reactions: sbsscn

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Do you carry your portable in the same van with your truckmount?
I could. But I dont feel the need to. Normally I know from the phone conversation if I need the portable.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would not carry a portable in my van unless its getting used. All that weight is not necessary, plus wastes fuel