Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
For the record there is an issue of porcelain glaze coming off when being cleaned. It is not residue but an optical haze from the glaze failure. The flooring industry is aware of it and only recently is the cleaning industry catching on. We now have clients sign off on this anomaly. I highly suggest you do the same, CYA.
PS:Avoid tile cleaners with strong caustics like sodium hydroxide as it accelerates the phenomenon.

8adbae656d0f988b9b4dda313e4619f5.jpg

Reactions: john martinez

Cayce S

Feb 23, 2013
Real Name
Cayce Schied
For the record there is an issue of porcelain glaze coming off when being cleaned. It is not residue but an optical haze from the glaze failure. The flooring industry is aware of it and only recently is the cleaning industry catching on. We now have clients sign off on this anomaly. I highly suggest you do the same, CYA.
PS:Avoid tile cleaners with strong caustics like sodium hydroxide as it accelerates the phenomenon.

8adbae656d0f988b9b4dda313e4619f5.jpg
Any idea how to make shiny again? Just had this happen using groutmaster and truck mount .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Any idea how to make shiny again? Just had this happen using groutmaster and truck mount .
You sure its not alkaline haze? What test did you do after? What temp did you mix the GM up at? What dilution? Did you allow it to dry or pool? What applicator did you use? Got pics? Whats your email Cayce?

Cayce S

Feb 23, 2013
Real Name
Cayce Schied
[email protected]. Not sure yet , just found out about issue last night and I remembered this post. Gonna try to treat like haze first. Mixed GM normally , not super hot at 2 scoops per gallon. Used our usual Worx sprayer and CRbed , then used spinner tool with truckmount. Do you have a disclaimer your teams use for the future for the loss of glaze issue? Thanks Cayce

Cayce S

Feb 23, 2013
Real Name
Cayce Schied
Also, is there a report from the flooring industry anywhere that states the awareness of issue?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
[email protected]. Not sure yet , just found out about issue last night and I remembered this post. Gonna try to treat like haze first. Mixed GM normally , not super hot at 2 scoops per gallon. Used our usual Worx sprayer and CRbed , then used spinner tool with truckmount. Do you have a disclaimer your teams use for the future for the loss of glaze issue? Thanks Cayce
Do you have pics?