• Total voters

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I agree. I use VLM 100% of the time on commercial and a lot of my residential as well.

I still use hwe when needed. It's nice to have different tools for the situation.

likenew89

Jul 24, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Real Name
dan
I agree. I use VLM 100% of the time on commercial and a lot of my residential as well.

I still use hwe when needed. It's nice to have different tools for the situation.
I agree. I'm not a this or that guy! I'm a what works for my customer and gets me paid guy. As long as they keep coming back

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: aloha one

Clean-Team

Dec 17, 2011
South Australia
Real Name
Grant Baverstock
Business Location
Australia
Todd. I'd be honoured if you'd give something a try for me. Couple both together. Star with encap, HWE rinse at the end. Tell me what you think.

Grant

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Your...frigging phones....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TMF Forums mobile app

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd. I'd be honoured if you'd give something a try for me. Couple both together. Star with encap, HWE rinse at the end. Tell me what you think.

Grant

I'll have to try that. I have done it just opposite of that in the past, HWE first followed by a post encap. That has worked well for me.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
The best method I found for commercial is prevac with crb, use rotary and then go back over it with crb.

Great thread Todd.. you guys should remove the sticky threads that are old so the new sticky threads will get more notice.. seems you have to scroll down a half of page just to get to new topics.

John Cable

Sep 11, 2013
Real Name
John Cable
Business Location
United States
According to Carpet Manufacturers (I can quote Shaw for certain as I was just there yesterday), the industry standard of care is no more than 2-3 encap cleanings without a HWE. It's not yet worked its way verbatim into the warranties yet, but it may at some point. I don't think encap without HWE ever is a good long-term idea for a professional cleaner in todays market.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
That's ok. I did

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
My only point was - going by the before pics - the carpet was 5th gen - in relatively good shape - moderately soiled - Usually the right pre-spray - high heat wand rinse will not only work very well but will be faster in both production and dry time.

ebarnett

Jul 5, 2013
Morgantown, WV
www.UltraBrite.biz
Real Name
Eric Barnett

Grant

This sounds backwards to me. Extract first, then encap. If you encap first then extract it out, you lose all the benefits that encap brings. Some of those benefits would include coating the carpet with the encap polymer that would help retard resoiling. Also if you are padcapping, you would be losing the faster dry times if you padcapped first then flushed. JMO.